Oh God! Strange noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh, I guess I should have updated, we changed the oil Sunday, all is well. We drained over 7.5 quarts out of it, it was completely crazy. Added just UNDER 6 quarts and it still reads 6 even, no evidence of coolant or anything other than oil mixing with it.

I am going to have to get a coolant flush though, as near as I can tell they used the pink Toyota coolant it in (?!) and not Dexcool. Unless it's some type of special Dexcool I've never seen, because it's hot pink and doesn't smell at all like what I remember.

Oh and I love my 50 Series Flowmaster. However, I am getting tired of declining hubby's requests to redo the GD exhaust. He insists it has no balls and needs to be redone, this time dumped before the rear axle. Uh, no. This is not your Camaro from the 80's, this is a Yukon. Besides, she doesn't have balls, she has ovaries. Big ones.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: Keep standing your ground on the exhaust!! :waytogo: Get a BB Tune if you wanna get faster than his truck and prove to him which one doesn't have "balls" :lol:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I guess I should have updated, we changed the oil Sunday, all is well. We drained over 7.5 quarts out of it, it was completely crazy. Added just UNDER 6 quarts and it still reads 6 even, no evidence of coolant or anything other than oil mixing with it.

I am going to have to get a coolant flush though, as near as I can tell they used the pink Toyota coolant it in (?!) and not Dexcool. Unless it's some type of special Dexcool I've never seen, because it's hot pink and doesn't smell at all like what I remember.

Oh and I love my 50 Series Flowmaster. However, I am getting tired of declining hubby's requests to redo the GD exhaust. He insists it has no balls and needs to be redone, this time dumped before the rear axle. Uh, no. This is not your Camaro from the 80's, this is a Yukon. Besides, she doesn't have balls, she has ovaries. Big ones.

Bahahah! thats great!

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're already planning on a tune. He was looking into them on Sunday (for his) and I'm waiting until 7/2013, when my powertrain is up. Which gives me plenty of time to save up.

So far, between the exhaust and K&N, I've noticed a bump in speed and gas millage....until we got horrible wind and then it all went to shit.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're already planning on a tune. He was looking into them on Sunday (for his) and I'm waiting until 7/2013, when my powertrain is up. Which gives me plenty of time to save up.

So far, between the exhaust and K&N, I've noticed a bump in speed and gas millage....until we got horrible wind and then it all went to shit.

It's only $250 for an in person tune and I believe they are reversible so if you have to go back into the dealership for warranty work you can put the stock tune back in and then reload the custom tune when done. :secret: I believe that's the AutoCal option which may be slightly higher than the $250 :shrug:

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only $250 for an in person tune and I believe they are reversible so if you have to go back into the dealership for warranty work you can put the stock tune back in and then reload the custom tune when done. :secret: I believe that's the AutoCal option which may be slightly higher than the $250 :shrug:

$250?! 5 please.

I didn't realize it was that damn cheap. I had looked into it before, but with everything I want to do or am currently doing, I get overwhelmed and distracted. As per the few things I'd read, it voided the warranty and GM would definitely know about it, blame the issue on it and bill you as such. Buuut, I also read this on the interwebz, which means it's written in stone and must be correct.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$250?! 5 please.

I didn't realize it was that damn cheap. I had looked into it before, but with everything I want to do or am currently doing, I get overwhelmed and distracted. As per the few things I'd read, it voided the warranty and GM would definitely know about it, blame the issue on it and bill you as such. Buuut, I also read this on the interwebz, which means it's written in stone and must be correct.

I know that Sumo went with the AutoCal option with BlackBear and has several tunes he can load within seconds depending on if he's towing, cruising,...whatever. So I'd vote going with that and have your stock tune ready for going in. They shouldn't be able to tell that you've gone back to stock at that point if it's loaded when you take it in there :shrug:

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I have one of your five?

Yeah, I'll put it in the mail with that $20 you say I need to pay you. Start looking for it tomorrow.

Thanks Jacob, I'll go ahead and add a BB Tune to my mental list of things I "need." Tires are next, but I'm slow playin' on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645