2012 Yukon Denali strange noise after truck turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
l have a loud clanging, ticking noise coming from rear wheel area for 60 seconds every time the truck is turned off. It is not the pump for the air leveling suspension. That sounds like its working as it should. I've never heard something like this before. Just started doing it. Anyone know what it is?

OP
OP
D

DGYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also how do i share a video I took of it on my iphone

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to make a YouTube video and share the link

Reaction score
Maybe your air lines or shocks have a leak and that is the creaking from the suspension settling.

I've heard that sound before, but usually only after having the vehicle up off the ground and setting it back down.

OP
OP
D

DGYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
its a perfect 60 seconds each time. So its something cycling but its not air or a compressor. Trucks levels and adjusts as it should. You can hear it from 30-40' away.

Reaction score
Also could be the rear AC drain dripping onto something up under there, like a heat shield or something, but I still think it's from the suspension settling after truck turned off and air leaking out of shock

OP
OP
D

DGYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also could be the rear AC drain dripping onto something up under there, like a heat shield or something, but I still think it's from the suspension settling after truck turned off and air leaking out of shock
definitely not AC leaking. No AC on here in NJ yet... Still had snow on the ground last week. Its a metal creaking or vibrating sound for 60 seconds. No hissing or sound of air. I can lie under the truck and put my hands on the shocks and there is no vibration or change in the sound when I touch them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts