oh boy... a new noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i get in my truck and start it up. sounds fine. back out of a parking space and i start to hear a whine, turn both ways to see if its me and it is. i stop pop the hood and a friend goes to look at the power steering and says its low. so i go to the parts store to get some fluid. it slowly starts to go away as it gets up to temp. by the tome i get to the store its practically gone and its full of fluid and there was no visible leaks. my problem from the start was that it 1. didnt sound like a normal power steering whine 2. it was a constant thing not just while turning 3. had enough fluid to not be drawing air and the fluid when checked wasnt foamy like air was in it.. i dont think its from being cold because this hasnt been the coldest day of the season so far (about 45 today last week was in the 20s) so i really have no idea what it is. its coming from the PS area but im just not sure.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

sorry forgot to mention its a 98 tahoe NON hydro boost with 33s

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar prob in another car I had. It was a combination of low fluid and the pump going out. Rplaced pump and prob was fixed. Not sure if there is a specific prob for the tahoe though

OP
OP
Fishin757

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tires are good. its stopped now so i guess ill just wait until it goes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker