Offline maps keep getting deleted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use waze instead of google maps. It seems to provide much more than google maps in way of accidents, traffic issues and police. i have used waze for several years in both my tahoe and camaro on trips and has never let me down. I havent used google maps much in the last couple of years, but I do use it on my home computer when trying to figure out a route or where a town is, when surfing the net. I wish I could provide a comparison, but have stuck with waze, especially for the police radar aspect.
It appears the my vehicle is using offline maps for the speed limit display. Are you saying Waze will transfer the posted speed limit to the HUD? Even if I don’t map a specific location that I want to travel to? I very rarely map my destination, but really like seeing the posted speed limit in the HUD at all times.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waze will not put it on the HUD. It will show the speed limit on the infotainment screen, but guessing that’s not what you are after.

I have noticed my offline maps download about once a week. Have not yet tried logging out and back in to my Google account, but I’ll try.

tall cool thing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I always have the speed limit sign in HUD. Never had an issue with speed in HUD. Sometimes it takes a minute or so, but always populates the HUD. Waze does nothing for that, but waze works great for trips, accident, traffic issues, radar, etc. I read about people having issues with HUD, but I have never, ever had an issue with the speed sign populating.

OP
OP
B

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue. I logged out of my google account in the vehicle, and then logged in again. It seems to have solved the issue, and my downloaded maps don’t get deleted now.
Just wanted to provide an update. I took your advice and logged out and back into my google account and I haven’t had a problem since. Fingers crossed my offline maps stay around for a year. I was losing them every few days before your post. Thank-you.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update. I took your advice and logged out and back into my google account and I haven’t had a problem since. Fingers crossed my offline maps stay around for a year. I was losing them every few days before your post. Thank-you.
Mine seem to have been disappearing and re downloading again...

That said, I seem to have 2 google accounts on my system:
One is my own...the one I have had for more than 10 years on Google...
There is another one labeled "vehicle account"
I am inclined to try to delete it, but sort of afraid of what will happen if I do.

BTW, my vehicle is at the dealer today for some warranty work, and one of the items I requested was the software update W162 for the infotainment system, called out by GM Communication 22-NA-058. Hoping some of that will help.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seem to have been disappearing and re downloading again...

That said, I seem to have 2 google accounts on my system:
One is my own...the one I have had for more than 10 years on Google...
There is another one labeled "vehicle account"
I am inclined to try to delete it, but sort of afraid of what will happen if I do.

BTW, my vehicle is at the dealer today for some warranty work, and one of the items I requested was the software update W162 for the infotainment system, called out by GM Communication 22-NA-058. Hoping some of that will help.
Well, evidently the dealer can’t figure out the referenced dealer bulletin above (they looked up 22-NA-038) and reinstalled W161…but, they have parts ordered for another (interior trim) issue..so I’ll bug them again when those parts come in.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, downloaded about 4 offline maps a couple days ago. Logged out of my google account and logged back in. Today, when the system automatically connected to update offline maps, the 4 I had downloaded were removed.

I figured out how to submit a problem report from the unit, just need to take the time to do it, hopefully Google will fix this eventually.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I submitted a problem report from my infotainment system on this issue today…suggest all experiencining this do the same

Settings -> Google will get you to where you can report the issue

OP
OP
B

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never mind, my offline maps were deleted again. Frustrating for sure.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Google and GM should get these things ironed out before forcing these on us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts