Offline maps keep getting deleted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every other day or so my offline map is deleted. Anybody else have this issue? It impacts the speed limit display in the HUD. Not sure what other features it impacts.

I’m on my 6th map in a month. When I download the map it says it’s good for a year but then a day or two goes by and the obnoxious notification pops up letting me know that some features won’t be available until I download offline maps again.

Sure enough, every time that notification pops up my previously downloaded map is gone. The first sign of my map being deleted is that the speed limit no longer displays in the HUD.

Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had downloaded some offline maps a few days ago for an upcoming trip, I just went out to my Yukon a few minutes ago to check mine after seeing your post and mine are also all gone! Every time I think I have this new Google Maps system figured out it messes up, getting real frustrated with it! I also checked my phone where I have the same maps downloaded and they are all there.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u have an active internet connection in your vehicle?

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I read that I'm so glad that I made the decision against model year 2022. Sorry to hear that guys... it just sucks and that's the reason why I tried to avoid that system at all costs. I HATE android, its performance, its appetite for customer data, and so it's unfortunately no wonder that it sucks even in a car... I hope GMC will fix these issues. That Android based crap was the reason for me to avoid anything newer than 2021.

Last edited:

Yarosuav

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I logged out of my google account in the vehicle, and then logged in again. It seems to have solved the issue, and my downloaded maps don’t get deleted now.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed the same thing, every few days I’d see the notification that it was downloading offline maps. I even tried downloading a huge chunk like an hour in every direction of me to try to reduce the need for on demand map downloads, but still I get notifications of downloading offline maps. I’ll have to try to sign out and sign in like suggested.

OP
OP
B

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue. I logged out of my google account in the vehicle, and then logged in again. It seems to have solved the issue, and my downloaded maps don’t get deleted now.
Thanks for this suggestion. I’ll give it a shot.

tall cool thing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use waze instead of google maps. It seems to provide much more than google maps in way of accidents, traffic issues and police. i have used waze for several years in both my tahoe and camaro on trips and has never let me down. I havent used google maps much in the last couple of years, but I do use it on my home computer when trying to figure out a route or where a town is, when surfing the net. I wish I could provide a comparison, but have stuck with waze, especially for the police radar aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9