Official oem/replica wheel thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
I'm considering an HD hood on mine because the damn Goodridge cowl hood is a POS and is flexing near the hinges. Pisses me off, I spent a lot of money on it just to have problems. Looks killer.
Could always try one of our cowl hoods. I prefer cowl hoods on the round bodies, not sure why. I have several buddies that have been running them for years without issue. I work at Auto Metal Direct btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could always try one of our cowl hoods. I prefer cowl hoods on the round bodies, not sure why. I have several buddies that have been running them for years without issue. I work at Auto Metal Direct btw

Link?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

More info please, and maybe pics? Mine flexes just in front of the hinges when closing it, which results in the edge having a gap where it bows up. In these pics it's better than usual because I just lubed up the hinges and straightened it out a bit but after awhile it gets worse.

IMG_8315.JPG IMG_8316.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to weld extensions to the hinges to spread that leverage further forward.
I thought about that. I need to find a fabricator. My friend who owns a body shop and did the original paint said he'd fix the paint and any dents for free since he originally painted it but fixing the flexing is up to me. I just don't want to spend another $600-$800 for another hood and paint. I have other things that need that money. Cough cough The Machine cough cough

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

How much is an NBS front bumper primed? Just the metal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts