OEM Nav/Radio plugs in the rear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have the radio going, but the volume has to be turned up quite a ways to hear it.

I was told to add an amp with something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAC-AOEM-GM1416-Buick-Chevrolet-GMC-Amplifier-Add-On-Interface-4-Channel-RCA/152793013770?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I can see how that hooks up to the radio, but I don't see it hooked up the the existing amp. It is used for an after market amplifier apparently. What kind of after market amplifier would I look for (and how easy is it to hook it up?)
(I originally thought this was plug and play.. but it looks like it is: "buy some more, plug and play")

Any ideas for a fairly inexpensive amplifier that would work with this thing (easy) or something that can be used to use the original bose with?

thanks,

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Ron, Maybe your next upgrade should be the steering wheel.

I am actually planning on that.

But first I want to get an amp in, so that audio, chimes etc work at a decent level.

So I'll take any tips for a easy to install (plug and play) amp for that thing I mentioned above.

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned a very interesting point today that you probably did not realize just like I did not. Did you know that the Nav Radio that we have has the XM Radio module built into it already? All we need to get the XM radio to work is an antenna and then payments for the service! NO MORE Commercials and talk hosts! I can't wait to get my antenna installed so I can get XM Radio working.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned a very interesting point today that you probably did not realize just like I did not. Did you know that the Nav Radio that we have has the XM Radio module built into it already? All we need to get the XM radio to work is an antenna and then payments for the service! NO MORE Commercials and talk hosts! I can't wait to get my antenna installed so I can get XM Radio working.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Hmm, really? I am not as much interested in the service, since that means a monthly payment, and I just don't like that. (hey I am Dutch originally).

Soooo... how did you figure out that the XM module is already installed in it? And if that is so... blue-tooth already should be working, and therefor phone etc too?

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, really? I am not as much interested in the service, since that means a monthly payment, and I just don't like that. (hey I am Dutch originally).

Soooo... how did you figure out that the XM module is already installed in it? And if that is so... blue-tooth already should be working, and therefor phone etc too?

Ron

I spoke with Matt at Oem GM Radios and he is the one who confirmed that the XM radio module was already built into the radio that we have. I did not ask about Bluetooth or phone stuff since I do not have the controls for any of that and I have a flip phone which is stupid. No smart phone for me yet!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Matt at Oem GM Radios and he is the one who confirmed that the XM radio module was already built into the radio that we have. I did not ask about Bluetooth or phone stuff since I do not have the controls for any of that and I have a flip phone which is stupid. No smart phone for me yet!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Hmm... ok, Matt knows what he is doing, so that could be interesting.

Actually, of course I tapped the XM icon a few times, and saw a msg that said "antenna disconnected, BUT the software seemed to be doing stuff.

I wonder what else it can do, once an antenna is connected, but without the actual service
Ron

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... ok, Matt knows what he is doing, so that could be interesting.

Actually, of course I tapped the XM icon a few times, and saw a msg that said "antenna disconnected, BUT the software seemed to be doing stuff.

I wonder what else it can do, once an antenna is connected, but without the actual service
Ron
If you tap it 3x your truck folds up into a briefcase like George on Jetsons.....so ive heard

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron

I am going to find out later this week when my Factory antenna and wiring harness for the XM Radio show up and I get it installed!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep