OEM Nav/Radio plugs in the rear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about ready to install the Nav/Radio, but was wondering about the plugs in the back.

I believe, from what I see in videos, the gray and smaller black 'receptacles' are the ones also use by the 'basic' radio. The blue one is for the GPS antenna (that I am still waiting on) I would assume the black one is the AM/FM antenna and the golden color one probably is for XM (?)

I am not sure, but I have the impression tht the bigger black one is used for the harness that connects the rear seat audio (?) .

Below the golden connector, there is something that looks like a USB socket. Does anyone know what it is for?

If anyone can confirm, or correct the function of these, please let me know.

Ron

3.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about ready to install the Nav/Radio, but was wondering about the plugs in the back.

I believe, from what I see in videos, the gray and smaller black 'receptacles' are the ones also use by the 'basic' radio. The blue one is for the GPS antenna (that I am still waiting on) I would assume the black one is the AM/FM antenna and the golden color one probably is for XM (?)

I am not sure, but I have the impression tht the bigger black one is used for the harness that connects the rear seat audio (?) .

Below the golden connector, there is something that looks like a USB socket. Does anyone know what it is for?

If anyone can confirm, or correct the function of these, please let me know.

Ron

View attachment 191017
You can run a usb cord from that to the console(like in my truck) or to one cig lighter hole and get a usb port so you can upload/download right to/from radio (iPod or phone or flashdrive etc)

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run a usb cord from that to the console(like in my truck) or to one cig lighter hole and get a usb port so you can upload/download right to/from radio (iPod or phone or flashdrive etc)

Cool!! I was hoping it is something like that. The connector seems a bit "special" Do you know what cable it is? (might just be a plug that 'locks' ?

That would be easy to do, My console has a cigarette lighter plug inside the bin, I could probably drill a hole and add a USB port, they come in lighter housings.

Ron

Pete: did you upgrade to a similar Nav/Radio too? Or did your vehicle come with one?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool!! I was hoping it is something like that. The connector seems a bit "special" Do you know what cable it is? (might just be a plug that 'locks' ?

That would be easy to do, My console has a cigarette lighter plug inside the bin, I could probably drill a hole and add a USB port, they come in lighter housings.

Ron

Pete: did you upgrade to a similar Nav/Radio too? Or did your vehicle come with one?
I dont have nav but i have a usb in my console.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks more like it, it looks like the cable can be locked into the socket, so it doesn't come out. The "free programming" remark got my attention... wonder what that is about? Wonder if you can do things like, unlock the radio etc.
I know some ‘used’ radios are unlocked from ebay meaning plug them in and they grab your vin and work, others if not unlocked will not work until you have them programmed to your vin. That said, chevy dealers have been know to say yes they can do it then ‘brick’ the unit and its garbage at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins