OEM floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of someplace that still has the OEM carpet floor mats for an '05 Tahoe? They're the Medium Dark Pewter PN 89040133. They've been discontinued and I haven't been able to find anyplace that still has them. I have looked at aftermarket and haven't seen anything that I like nearly as well. Really only need fronts, the other are still in good shape.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but that page says they are discontinued and no longer available. That is what I have been finding everywhere, but I was hoping to find someplace that still had some old stock.

Reaction score
yea I saw that after I posted it, maybe go to a junk yard, find one in good shape that needs a good cleaning, there is carpet spray paint stuff you can use

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
yea I saw that after I posted it, maybe go to a junk yard, find one in good shape that needs a good cleaning, there is carpet spray paint stuff you can use
I've put nasty junkyard mats in a washing machine before with excellent results. They came out amazingly clean. Maybe give that a shot.

Reaction score
right, sometimes they just need to be cleaned. I had brought a 2000 Volvo V70 Cross country off ebay and it's mats were in bad shape so I went to some junk yards and went though some Volvo's and found a nice pair, front middle and even the wagon part. They all were in good shape other then some stains and I brought fabric and Vinyl spray paint, painted the carpet mats and they look like new. I even spray painted the reg carpet in that Volvo. I am about to do the same to the carpet and mats in my Yukon.

I also was looking for other stuff for that Volvo to pass MD inspection.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really only need the driver's mat, the passenger front is fine. Problem is that I tend to wear a hole where my right heal rests. I'm on my third now, but it needs to be replaced. I never would have thought the junk yards would have good ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep