Now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonhowe88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 92 K5 Blazer. Runs and drives pretty well. Took it out last night and noticed that the tail lights aren't working. The were working in the driveway, but now I can't seem to get them on. I checked the fuse under the dash, it is good. Am I missing another one somewhere? Might just have to get the power probe out, dang it. Here's a pic, everyone likes a pic, lol20210323_192716.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good lookin' rig. I like those 2 door older rigs.

The taillight assemblies were known for going bad although I doubt they both went bad at the same time. Check for wiring plug in and ground problems.

OP
OP
jonhowe88

jonhowe88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I did kind of a quick inspection yesterday. I took off the trailer wiring, unplugged the connections back there added some electrical grease. I'll try looking into some grounding problems today when I get off work. Everything in the back of the truck looks to be okay. Someone back in the day put one of those cheap alarms on it so it now has a spiders nest of wires under the dash. That is what I'll check out next.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 92 K5 Blazer. Runs and drives pretty well. Took it out last night and noticed that the tail lights aren't working. The were working in the driveway, but now I can't seem to get them on. I checked the fuse under the dash, it is good. Am I missing another one somewhere? Might just have to get the power probe out, dang it. Here's a pic, everyone likes a pic, lolView attachment 274405

First model year change, it's supposed to have gremlins. :)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I did kind of a quick inspection yesterday. I took off the trailer wiring, unplugged the connections back there added some electrical grease. I'll try looking into some grounding problems today when I get off work. Everything in the back of the truck looks to be okay. Someone back in the day put one of those cheap alarms on it so it now has a spiders nest of wires under the dash. That is what I'll check out next.

Do some research on the taillight assembly problems. The ones that you have on there may well be the updated ones and be ok. What is strange is that they both stopped working at the same time.

OP
OP
jonhowe88

jonhowe88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your help, just ordered both sides from Autozone, both sides were $33. I'll get them tomorrow. I'm going to throw them in and see if that's it. If it's not I can always take them back or just have the peace of mind that they are new.

OP
OP
jonhowe88

jonhowe88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly, didn't think to check with or without the lights on. I just kind of figured that if the headlights were working no problems then it couldn't be the switch. I double check that also

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 92 K5 Blazer. Runs and drives pretty well. Took it out last night and noticed that the tail lights aren't working. The were working in the driveway, but now I can't seem to get them on. I checked the fuse under the dash, it is good. Am I missing another one somewhere? Might just have to get the power probe out, dang it. Here's a pic, everyone likes a pic, lolView attachment 274405

Super nice 92 Blazer Jon!! Looks to be in excellent condition and well maintained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645