Not confident backing up at night any idea on hitch backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I backup not feeling confident the SUV so tall can not see the kids if they got behind me. This is the worst backup camera. It is the not to bright in dark . Any ideas or suggestions. To add on the hitch back lighting something easy maybe connect to hitch plug and play that will connect on hitch harness

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When I back not feeling confident the SUV so tall can not see the kids if they got behind me. This is the worst backup camera. It is the not to bright in dark . Any ideas or suggestions. To add hitch eup lighting something easy maybe connect to hitch plug so I don’t have to cut wires.
Maybe replace your stock reverse bulbs with some really bright led bulbs.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what year suv you have. But I ordered led bulbs from amazon and they are ridiculously bright for backing up in my 2011 Sierra. But the lens are clear. However my 2000 Tahoe with led aren’t that bright because the lens is like a dull plastic. If that makes sense.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI...

I added the rear LED floods after I switched to LED reverse lighting too. I wanted more. In that thread, I posted pics of with and without the floods.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought generic LEDs off amazon to replace my tailight bulbs and reverse lights and it was a huge improvement. The brighter LEDS for the reverse lights actually helped visibility of the backup cam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE