Reverse LED Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some point during my meanderings, I can across this post (#28).

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...with-philips-921led.78478/page-3#post-1069513

So, I wanted to show what I did. I actually used 27w LED pods, not necessarily a "light bar." I made a stand-off for each light from 3" square tube, painted them and used an existing body (?) bolt that went through the chassis. Angled slightly downward, they work great, not too much light cutoff from the body and barely visible. No beautiful body lines ruined. Power? I cheated. I used a 7-pin trailer plug and plugged it into the trailer outlet. No wires to run, no relays to add. If I'm towing, I disconnect it and hang it right there (I bought a rubber cap for the plug too). If I'm towing, then I probably won't be needing those backup lights anyways.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look great, but do you have any clearance issues? They look like they hang down a good bit.

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clearance issues. It's the angle of the pic (I wanted to show the bracket). They are only about an inch lower than the spare (and I'm only 2wd).

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nifty

how bright are they ?
& how well does it show in screen?

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay...

They are plenty bright and help a lot.

I guess more pics are on the way (rearview screenshot and dude shot showing clearance). Tomorrow.

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got some spare 7" LED bars sitting in the closet from the Jeep Wrangler build maybe I'll follow suit.

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the first pic, taken fairly level to the ground, you can just see the added light hiding behind the exhaust tip. The front end of the spare is actually lower than the light.

The second pic is just my upgraded LED bulbs in the stock housings.

The third is with the led flood light pods too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never noticed this before but, for some reason, the added lights remove some of the washout that you can see (in the second pic) that is close to the back end. Probably helps provide more ambient light so the camera aperture adjusts for it.

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional pictures. This looks like a really good solution to the problem my wife and I have with her Tahoe and my Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094