Normal Motor Oil Usage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I just passed my states yearly vehicle inspection, where they plug into the OBD2 port with a reporting computer that connects directly to the state DMV for emissions testing/reporting. (The shop still does a physical safety inspection.)

I have the AFM turned off via BB tune, and leave a Bluetooth dongle plugged into my OBD2 port 24/7, as it's used to provide data to the Torque Pro app on my phone.

I forgot to pull out the dongle, not to hide anything, but as a courtesy to the shop. They didn't care, and never mentioned anything when I went to pick it up.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dry. The reasons you lubricate the oil filter gasket is because you're twisting it while squashing it and you'll be needing to remove it soon. Neither are the case with any other seal.
Yes, I left it dry and no leaks when done.
Pretty straight forward swap.
Actually the hardest part for me, as usual, is figuring out GM's wire connectors and anchors. Those things always drive me crazy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts