07 Tahoe/Oil leak in the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, what "this" is, but I do have fluid evacuator. I literally have two garages with tools. I already have radiator on order, sounds like will replace it in 2 weeks. For now, Bar's is in. Rad is leaking from about mid height left side. not even sure, how come I didn't see it before, pretty obvious. Oh, just saw the Amazon link. Exactly what I have. Had for 3 yrs by now. Yep, handy thing.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, can't use that to evacuate coolant, as rad does not have cap. Evacuating from expansion canister will do little difference on fluid volume.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You suck the fluid out from top to bottom as you dissemble overflow tanks/ heater and radiator hoses/etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really not that bad. I posted yesterday a basic write up here on how to. YT videos for some reason tell you to lift the vehicle up, disconnect harness braid from the crossmember, remove airbox, remove radiator plastic cover, remove front pass wheel and tirewell cover to get to the lower rad hose - all that is unnecessary. Very straightforward job and requires only 10mm, 15mm and extension for 10, to get to the lower ATF line bolt. Very simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe