Norcal_ss Lowering Kit Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modified

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you are planning on going 4/6 with a Norcal_ss kit please be aware that there are several potential issues he will not tell you about.

On some models your axle will end up half an inch from your exhaust. Plan for that.

The sway bar has to be relocated and new holes drilled or else it will hit the panhard bar mount before it reaches the JDM links. Plan for that.

You need to cut a hole above the panhard bar mount on the axle to keep it from hitting as it is closer than the axle is to the frame. Plan for that.

You should cut off the bracket behind the upper control arm mount so you get even more clearance beyond the freetravel mod.

I went in blind. No warning from him on any of this. No instructions came with his kit. Which isn't even a kit. Its just a bunch of drop shipped parts from the manufactures. His "custom" springs might be legit, but I think they might just be Trailblazer drop springs from Belltech that he powdercoated black and slapped his name on. I may be wrong, but it seems like it.

All of this would be no issue if I had just been told what to expect so I didn't find out when it was too late to plan in advance for the work that really needs to be done.

When I pointed out these issues and asked for help he completely ghosted me and ignored my phone call. Literally hit ignore two rings in like a child. He does not support his product. I should have seen this coming after msging him back and forth before buying. It was like pulling teeth to get answers out of him. If I asked two questions in one msg he would only answer one. He was much more worried about getting paid.

I hope this post saves someone else the headache of dealing with Tony and helps them go into this with realistic expectations.

With that said, while it does ride OK, it does not drive like its stock. Thats a load of crap from a salesman. I went in assuming that was a lie anyways, as I have had tons of lowered trucks, so I'm not mad about that, but if you're expecting it to, don't. It rides fine, totally doable once everything is dealt with, but much rougher than stock.

Also, the Spohn Bars are overpriced crap. You don't need them to do it. They just push the axle back around a half inch overall to recenter and then come loose constantly and need to be readjusted. Another salesman pitch from Tony.

Do yourself a favor and just piece the kit together yourself. It will be cheaper anyways.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow your first post and you came in just to badmouth a guy who has helped hundreds of people here. There’s always things that need to be done when you’re doing extensive suspension mods, or any extensive mods for that matter. If you’ve done this kind of work before you should have known better and planned accordingly. Tony is a busy guy, he sells a ton of stuff so I’m sure he’s super busy but if you think you’ll get better service from any company especially right now, or get better prices on stuff, go ahead and tell me who that is. Maybe he didn’t want to deal with a customer with a bad attitude, maybe he was busy with another customer or twenty since everybody and their brother are doing mods to their rigs now that nobody’s working and have all kinds of time. The company I bought my cam from is running 6 weeks behind, I heard intro wheels are now 16 weeks behind, my tranny builder can’t even get parts and when they do they’re backed up 12 weeks, etc etc etc. You might have been a bit more patient with Tony and tried to work with him a bit more before you go on a forum and try to bash his business. Just sayin. Nice first post, we learned a lot about you.

OP
OP
Modified

Modified

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah yes, the fan boys have entered the room.

Maybe you didn't read the whole thing. I didn't expect to have to make these modifications because he doesn't bother to mention them. He promotes this as a bolt on kit. It isn't. Had I been told it would have been fine, I would have still done it, but I could have planned my install much better.

Then when I asked him what I would need to do to fix them he completely ghosted me. Didn't even want to address that the issues existed. Keep in mind I was mid install on my daily driver. What kind of man just leaves you hanging like that? Not one I'll ever do business with again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Modified

Modified

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyways, I won't be checking back in here. I'm a lurker. Have been for awhile now. First post because I use the search feature and find the info I need. I learned about Tony's kit from these forums so I posted this for other people doing the same. Take it for what it is. An honest review of my experience with Tony and his kit. I would never run one of my businesses this way and I would expect a bad review if I did. I don't leave my clients hanging just because I already have their money.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about more details like what year make model? 2wd/4wd/awd, short wheel base/long wheel base, air ride?, they are slightly different, some easier to modify than others, maybe you should have asked questions first? Like Mark said anytime you modify something unless you have experience with it no telling what you might run into
being you have just poked your head in here to complain why not offer up the details other than "some"
factory sway bar?
factory pan hard bar?
pictures of said mod's?
why not be helpful instead ?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This post was edited in order to be a bit nicer to the OP.:)

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about more details like what year make model? 2wd/4wd/awd, short wheel base/long wheel base, air ride?, they are slightly different, some easier to modify than others, maybe you should have asked questions first? Like Mark said anytime you modify something unless you have experience with it no telling what you might run into
being you have just poked your head in here to complain why not offer up the details other than "some"
factory sway bar?
factory pan hard bar?
pictures of said mod's?
why not be helpful instead a whiny *****?
Because it’s easier to complain than to document and describe exactly what needed to be done. FWIW the last time I checked a “bolt on kit” is something that doesn’t need to be welded. I didn’t see @Modified getting out a welder so the description is accurate. Cutting, grinding, drilling bolt holes is all part of installing a bolt-on modification.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyways, I won't be checking back in here. I'm a lurker. Have been for awhile now. First post because I use the search feature and find the info I need. I learned about Tony's kit from these forums so I posted this for other people doing the same. Take it for what it is. An honest review of my experience with Tony and his kit. I would never run one of my businesses this way and I would expect a bad review if I did. I don't leave my clients hanging just because I already have their money.
Maybe try to work with him and also if you’re going to be a member of the forum post something besides what sounds more like a complaint than an honest review. Pictures of what you needed to do, a better explanation and less complaining.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RocketMan,

I’m not sure why you are being this aggressive. He’s not reviewing your product.

That’s his experience it’s his right to share it without being personally attacked, whether he has just joined or had a million posts.

If you or anyone disagrees with him, argue his points without insults.

And @NORCAL SS is a big boy ... he is more than able to respond if he wishes to.

Everyone play nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts