1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norcal_ss Lowering Kit Warning

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by Modified, Jul 24, 2020.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS SUV SUSPENSION GURU Supporting Vendor

Name:
    TONY
    You can cut rear stops down. Many customers i have do 26s and aggressive offset. So i have the stops set up where it hits begore tire hits lip or if your clear you can cut it for more travel.

2. 2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT Full Access Member

Name:
    Aaron
    I bought Tony's kit in December 2016/January 2017 and installed in March 2017. It came with instructions, and I watched the youtube videos that I found on YT. I had zero issues until the phr bar bracket. I was able to figure it out. I did have an issue with the alignment. In September 2017, I needed a set of tires that I put on at the same time I did the kit. The alignment was still an issue. I sent Tony a message and he said take some pictures of it and was able to diagnose the issue through just pictures, something the GMC tech that was doing the alignment, couldn't.

nitty and Rocket Man like this.
  3. BlackedOutHoe

BlackedOutHoe Low & Slow

Name:
    B.Miller
    Echoing the lack of communication sentiment, insanely frustrating.

Fifty, Dc78 and Rocket Man like this.
  4. Dc78

Dc78 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dc
    Good to know. I was wondering the same thing. Was gonna get the 4/6 kit and asked a couple questions and just got a reply ....not in stock. No estimate on when more will be in or addressing the other questions. Maybe I’ll just go through belltech or get the Reklez kit. Hopefully the service is better but then Again I notice a lot of business are like that now a days.

5. BlackedOutHoe

BlackedOutHoe Low & Slow

Name:
    B.Miller
    Had I not got a great deal (easily 20% off msrp) I would have gone through Amazon to get my Belltech kit and Spohn directly. But, if I was on a time crunch, def would have pursued another avenue than Tony, unfortunately.

6. Dc78

Dc78 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dc
    I’m thinking of going to spohn directly and getting the drop kit from Sport truck pros

BlackedOutHoe likes this.
  7. Fifty

Fifty Full Access Member

Name:
    Charles
    I think the comms bit is hit or miss. Some have great luck and fully recommend him etc.
    others have had bad luck. I fall under the bad luck. I’m just lucky it was the bad luck trying to get info to make the purchase. So I didn’t.

As for “bolt on”... I’ve worked with a couple companies over different platforms. To be bolt on it may require drilling a hole but never cutting.

and if there was drilling or cutting, there was always a template made and included.

but back to what’s important, comms are a hit or miss

BlackedOutHoe likes this.