Non mag ride belltech lowering questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twol8uluz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 18 tahoe ls w/o magride and I'm installing the belltech 1020 kit and I'm seeing some differences between my installation and that with mag ride, so I have some questions to make sure I'm doing it right
1. Do I need the rear shock replacement brackets for the bottom?
2. Do I still need to readjust the sway bar and use different endlinks?
3. I've seen ppl using relocation brackets for the rear lca or trailing arm.
4. I plan on using the stock spring isolator, in hopes of a touch of rake and hopefully a better ride and no noise.

Any tips, tricks, advice or feedback would be awesome! And yes I plan on doing the the free travel mod as well. Looking at a 2/4 ish drop. (Pic included for reference)20210530_205511.jpg

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 18 tahoe ls w/o magride and I'm installing the belltech 1020 kit and I'm seeing some differences between my installation and that with mag ride, so I have some questions to make sure I'm doing it right
1. Do I need the rear shock replacement brackets for the bottom?
2. Do I still need to readjust the sway bar and use different endlinks?
3. I've seen ppl using relocation brackets for the rear lca or trailing arm.
4. I plan on using the stock spring isolator, in hopes of a touch of rake and hopefully a better ride and no noise.

Any tips, tricks, advice or feedback would be awesome! And yes I plan on doing the the free travel mod as well. Looking at a 2/4 ish drop. (Pic included for reference)View attachment 281333
1. Yes, you will need to use the shock mount relocator brackets.
2. If there aren't any end links included in the kit, then they're not required.
3. I haven't seen these brackets you are talking about yet.
4. You are supposed to use the factory spring isolators. That's what keeps from some metal on metal action.

the included instructions are pretty good.. Just did my Suburban.

I hope that helps some.

OP
OP
Twol8uluz

Twol8uluz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. Yes, you will need to use the shock mount relocator brackets.
2. If there aren't any end links included in the kit, then they're not required.
3. I haven't seen these brackets you are talking about yet.
4. You are supposed to use the factory spring isolators. That's what keeps from some metal on metal action.

the included instructions are pretty good.. Just did my Suburban.

I hope that helps some.
Thanks. I've only found videos and how to's on vehicles with mag ride and they use the shock relocation brackets, however I noticed my kit doesn't include them, but the kit for the mag ride does. Same with all the other questions I had basically. There's apparently some differences between having mag ride and not, so I'm trying to clear them up before I do the install this weekend.