No start but have power/ Tahoe running and then gages drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
What year is this Tahoe ? And what got it in this predicament, accident, recently purchased, don't know the background, I'm curious, trying to keep you from going nuts, a car can do that to you. [emoji3]
David g.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
It’s a 2010 Tahoe LT z71, I bought it a year ago, it has 243k miles.. there one accident it was right side I believe but it was light damage. I have car fax’s on it, I’m the third owner. It’s well maintained and it looks damn good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
U2100 is for CAN Bus. U0073 is one of three, U0073 00 - Control Module Communication Bus Off, U0073 71 ECU HS Bus Off, U0073 72 ECU LS Bus Off

The book says:

2. This DTC cannot be retrieved with a current status. Diagnosis is accomplished using the symptom Scan
Tool Does Not Communicate with High Speed GMLAN Device or Scan Tool Does Not
Communicate with Low Speed GMLAN Device.

I'm not well enough to look that up right now.
I would say it’s the u0073 00 control module communication bus off, let me see if I can get it to pull more information..

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a 2010 Tahoe LT z71, I bought it a year ago, it has 243k miles.. there one accident it was right side I believe but it was light damage. I have car fax’s on it, I’m the third owner. It’s well maintained and it looks damn good lol

There's is no telling where/who/what/when/ have had their turn trying to figure out this car and it's problems.
David g.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
There's is no telling where/who/what/when/ have had their turn trying to figure out this car and it's problems.
David g.
Yeah I have no clue the the deal is, I was going to check all the wires that I could see under neath but it started raining so I said forget that, I’ll look at tonight and hopefully it don’t rain... no telling...

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon:
My last advise to you. You bought this vehicle last year and drove it home, obviously there were not any of these wild imaginations of what happened to cause this situation. Let's go back to basics, forget about all the codes, wire checking and rocket scientist ideas and take some sound advise from someone who grew up around automobiles long before all this electronic computerized options today.

Gauges erratic...……………………..low voltage
low voltage …………………………..Battery/Alternator
Battery...……………………………….You stated you have put two different batteries, same issue
Alternator...………………………….. Maintains Battery voltage to operate vehicle

This is the common basics that make ANY vehicle drivable , until you resolve this in your mind, you will never get this vehicle fixed. I'm not hammering on you, just telling you the complete thread with every type of suggestion has left you stranded. Take you Alternator (as I previously suggested) to the shop I gave you, and maybe you will find your solution. Stay out of parts stores and deal with people who are PROFESSIONALS. Good luck Brandon, I like reading success stories and hope to see you got it fixed and keep us posted. I know I'm a HARDHEADED OLD MAN, but I learned the hard way to make a vehicle run as it should.
David g...…….:2cents:

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Brandon:
My last advise to you. You bought this vehicle last year and drove it home, obviously there were not any of these wild imaginations of what happened to cause this situation. Let's go back to basics, forget about all the codes, wire checking and rocket scientist ideas and take some sound advise from someone who grew up around automobiles long before all this electronic computerized options today.

Gauges erratic...……………………..low voltage
low voltage …………………………..Battery/Alternator
Battery...……………………………….You stated you have put two different batteries, same issue
Alternator...………………………….. Maintains Battery voltage to operate vehicle

This is the common basics that make ANY vehicle drivable , until you resolve this in your mind, you will never get this vehicle fixed. I'm not hammering on you, just telling you the complete thread with every type of suggestion has left you stranded. Take you Alternator (as I previously suggested) to the shop I gave you, and maybe you will find your solution. Stay out of parts stores and deal with people who are PROFESSIONALS. Good luck Brandon, I like reading success stories and hope to see you got it fixed and keep us posted. I know I'm a HARDHEADED OLD MAN, but I learned the hard way to make a vehicle run as it should.
David g...…….:2cents:
Thanks David, I’m also gonna try and take a alternator off another truck that I have on the car lot, I haven’t had any problems yet ( knock on wood) I was gonna wait till it messed up again and then swap them, my boss that owns the place has been doing this for 25+ years and he’s been helping me with it, I’ll let you know when that time comes....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz