No start but have power/ Tahoe running and then gages drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LT with z71. I’m having a no start problems some times it’ll start and be just fine and then when I go to get in it to move the Tahoe it won’t start yesterday I turned the key on and off twice to see if it’ll start the third time it started, I’ve already gone through and checked all my grounds and cleaned everything up and replaced the negative cable end, tonight I have driving to dinner and my speedometer was going up and down, service track was on and then it stated to shift very hard out of 1st gear, I could also hear a clicking on the driver side like under the steering wheel. I’ve been having trouble with the no start the past month, i drove it for a week after it started and it was fine and now it’s doing it again.... anyone have a idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These fuse blocks corrode in between the two halves. I would pull it apart clean that all up and add some dielectric grease. Pull the cover off under hood and youll see 2 gray handles, split fuse block clean and reattach

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
I’ve already done that, I’ll check it again in the morning, I know I have 242k miles but I take very good care of it I’ve had the Tahoe since last August and this is the biggest problem I’ve having

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
These fuse blocks corrode in between the two halves. I would pull it apart clean that all up and add some dielectric grease. Pull the cover off under hood and youll see 2 gray handles, split fuse block clean and reattach

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LT with z71. I’m having a no start problems some times it’ll start and be just fine and then when I go to get in it to move the Tahoe it won’t start yesterday I turned the key on and off twice to see if it’ll start the third time it started, I’ve already gone through and checked all my grounds and cleaned everything up and replaced the negative cable end, tonight I have driving to dinner and my speedometer was going up and down, service track was on and then it stated to shift very hard out of 1st gear, I could also hear a clicking on the driver side like under the steering wheel. I’ve been having trouble with the no start the past month, i drove it for a week after it started and it was fine and now it’s doing it again.... anyone have a idea?

sounds more like you are having transmission problems, maybe the park sensor is going goofy as well, if it thinks it is not in park it wont start.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
sounds more like you are having transmission problems, maybe the park sensor is going goofy as well, if it thinks it is not in park it wont start.

What’s weird though, it did it one time while driving? Then the speedometer going crazy as well as traction and stability lights? I have appointment for Wednesday at the auto electrician shop..

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You already replaced the negative battery cable but made no mention of the positive cable... I would start there.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
You already replaced the negative battery cable but made no mention of the positive cable... I would start there.
I replace just the cable end, I bought new cables from the dealer, I figured if I could replace just the end and save $70 for a cable I would, I have the positive cable sitting on the tool box at work I haven’t had time to raise it up to replace, some people are saying to add a ground from the ground strap to the front of the block by alternator, I haven’t got a chance do that yet as well, was told to not replace anything till it was diagnose

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I replace just the cable end, I bought new cables from the dealer, I figured if I could replace just the end and save $70 for a cable I would, I have the positive cable sitting on the tool box at work I haven’t had time to raise it up to replace, some people are saying to add a ground from the ground strap to the front of the block by alternator, I haven’t got a chance do that yet as well, was told to not replace anything till it was diagnose

I'm slightly confused... you bought new cables from the dealer but only replaced the ends???

The ends are not usually the problem. The problem is corrosion that builds up inside of the cable itself.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
I'm slightly confused... you bought new cables from the dealer but only replaced the ends???

The ends are not usually the problem. The problem is corrosion that builds up inside of the cable itself.
I only replaced the negative end like where it goes to the battery, haven’t don’t positive because haven’t had a chance to raise up on the lift to get to the starter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9