No start but have power/ Tahoe running and then gages drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Welp here we are 13 days later and it it decided to act up and now my driver side vents are blowing hot and passenger blowing cold and check engine is on I’ll scan codes when I get to work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
I think I hopefully found the problem, there is a module on top of the spare tire that get water in it hopefully that what it is and it’s been in the shop for 2 weeks

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
I think I hopefully found the problem, there is a module on top of the spare tire that get water in it hopefully that what it is and it’s been in the shop for 2 weeks

Well taking apart the fuel pump module didn’t seem to fix anything, it also turns out that it’s not above the tire, I now have code that I never had before, but all the other codes are the same, have have several service bulletins with the exact issues stated in them and I’ve found nothing wrong with anything, I checked all my voltage, everything’s above 14.... I’m seriously about to just get rid of this thing..

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Did you end up selling the tahoe, or you fixed the problem?
I took it to two other places, one shop didn’t know what to do and then the other shop told me my fuse box was junk so I replaced it with a new one from the dealer. I it’s been about 3 weeks and it’s been fine, I also got rid of Onstar, I hear that can cause a problem as well. I didn’t Understand how the fuse box was bad because a while back I switch it out with another one and it still had the same problem..... but hopefully it’s fixed

Z0lan0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took it to two other places, one shop didn’t know what to do and then the other shop told me my fuse box was junk so I replaced it with a new one from the dealer. I it’s been about 3 weeks and it’s been fine, I also got rid of Onstar, I hear that can cause a problem as well. I didn’t Understand how the fuse box was bad because a while back I switch it out with another one and it still had the same problem..... but hopefully it’s fixed

Im having the same problem with mine. I cleaned all the grounds, and it got rid of the problem for about 2 months. Until i tried to turn my tahoe on and it was conpletly dead. I know that by moving the negative cable connecting to the battery, it will bring it back to life. Its been about 4 monthd now and the problem hasn't been back. I haven't done anything new to it, so i know it will come back. I was just checking on you situacion to see if the problem was fixed or not. Then i'd know whats wrong with mine too.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Im having the same problem with mine. I cleaned all the grounds, and it got rid of the problem for about 2 months. Until i tried to turn my tahoe on and it was conpletly dead. I know that by moving the negative cable connecting to the battery, it will bring it back to life. Its been about 4 monthd now and the problem hasn't been back. I haven't done anything new to it, so i know it will come back. I was just checking on you situacion to see if the problem was fixed or not. Then i'd know whats wrong with mine too.
If it comes back I’d check the the ground strap on the drivers side, you can also add a ground just with about any wire, also if you have to move the ground wire is replace that and the sensor, check the driver side frame for any wire loom that damaged, check the transmission connector for any water or corrosion.... mine I suppose was a bad fuse block under the hood. And I just replaced that and I’ve been driving it for a few months and haven’t had a problem!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019