No start but have power/ Tahoe running and then gages drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Welp... this morning it would not start... so I had to again disconnect the battery so I could get to work... really getting tired of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welp... this morning it would not start... so I had to again disconnect the battery so I could get to work... really getting tired of this

Define no start. Turn key on and no power to anything? Clicking but no crank when turning key to start? Power at key on but turn to start and no clicking? Or cranks and cranks and doesn't start?

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Define no start. Turn key on and no power to anything? Clicking but no crank when turning key to start? Power at key on but turn to start and no clicking? Or cranks and cranks and doesn't start?
Have power to everything but when go to start it would act like it was dead, the gages were going up and down like said before

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Did you try jumping it? If so, what happened?
No I had no way of doing that, all I have to do is pull the positive cable off of the battery for a few seconds and then reconnect and it fine for who knows how long, when I go on vacation it’s gonna go to the other shop here in town and they are gonna have it for a week

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I had no way of doing that, all I have to do is pull the positive cable off of the battery for a few seconds and then reconnect and it fine for who knows how long, when I go on vacation it’s gonna go to the other shop here in town and they are gonna have it for a week

Nothing on the Tech2? No parasitic drains, codes, battery health ok? I don't remember, did you replace the cables?

jlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Do you actually have to remove the cable? Can you just wiggle/pull on it some to get it to start?

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Nothing on the Tech2? No parasitic drains, codes, battery health ok? I don't remember, did you replace the cables?
Yes I replaced the cables, battery is ok test a different battery in it and still same problem,cables are brand new, I checked the transmission 16 bin connector as stated in the recall/ service bulletin. Of course I didn’t have a multi-meter to test the lan lines

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Do you actually have to remove the cable? Can you just wiggle/pull on it some to get it to start?
I just been removing it completely from the battery and wait a few seconds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros