No instrument lights during day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1974chevyglasshouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got my Windows tinted and now my intrument lights don't come on but my auto headlights work and my stock stereo lights up right.... Is there a separate sensor for the instrument dim ??? My front windsheild is tinted just on top

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they come on during the day... just the DIC

OP
OP

1974chevyglasshouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl says the same thing but I thought they did it might be just that it's really dark inside now..
Did anyone else have any feedback that doesn't have tinted Windows??

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No instrument lights during the day unless you get a warning light. That would be bad! LOL!

OP
OP

1974chevyglasshouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol cool ... now I got to break down and tell her she was right lol. But I swore the guages lit up oh well I guess she right I'm crazy

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint the sunlight sensor. Never give in.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
On my LTZ the instrument lights are on all the time. They light up as soon as the ignition hits the run position and stay on until the vehicle is turned off. The little knob to adjust the brightness of the lights only adjusts the odometer and the Nav/radio. It has no control of the actual instrument lights. I'm not sure why that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660