Yukon 2022 instrument cluster stopped working and lights are flickering.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahmad280

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The instrument cluster stopped working recently, the car is my dad's so i dont know much of when it happened but he says he smelled something akin to burning. Interestingly the A/C temperature unit seems to have changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit after. Also remote start doesn't work anymore as well. He took it to the dealer and they said they'll replace the whole thing. The parts will take from 15 to 120 days to arrive. The lights for the engine check and some other light seem to be flickering as if its some kind of power issue. In the mean time i got him an obd speedometer from Amazon which works well, it also seems to have picked up a DTC code which is U1608. If anyone got any idea on how to know where the issue is coming from i would appreciate it.17096706755034069943053079715635.jpg

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DTC U1608 = K160 - Brake System Control Module U160800, Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module on CAN Bus 2.

DP2024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The instrument cluster stopped working recently, the car is my dad's so i dont know much of when it happened but he says he smelled something akin to burning. Interestingly the A/C temperature unit seems to have changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit after. Also remote start doesn't work anymore as well. He took it to the dealer and they said they'll replace the whole thing. The parts will take from 15 to 120 days to arrive. The lights for the engine check and some other light seem to be flickering as if its some kind of power issue. In the mean time i got him an obd speedometer from Amazon which works well, it also seems to have picked up a DTC code which is U1608. If anyone got any idea on how to know where the issue is coming from i would appreciate it.View attachment 423004
have you reached a solution? I have a 2022 Yukon Denali XL that has been in the shop for 6 weeks with no resolution. Dealer says GM Engineer has to “write code” specifically for my vehicle because the replacement instrument clusters they have tried will not program to my vehicle. At the end of last week, the Dealership tech told us that the last time he called GM, he was told “don’t call us, we will call you” when the new code is written.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts