No dome lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jfilly79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dome lights do not work. I know all about the dimmer switch and how it works. They just don't turn on anymore. I checked the fuses and all are good. Anyone know what else to check? Every other function works as it should. 2010 Tahoe LTZ. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dome lights do not work. I know all about the dimmer switch and how it works. They just don't turn on anymore. I checked the fuses and all are good. Anyone know what else to check? Every other function works as it should. 2010 Tahoe LTZ. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
they don't work at all?
i.e. when you press the light or only when you open the door?
does the radio shut off when you remove the key and open the door?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe all your dome light bulbs burned out?

just kidding, we had a no lo beams thread where it was both bulbs..

Perhaps headlight/dimmer switch is bad...

Looks like purple wire, pin 9 on dimmer switch get's connected when the dome defeat is activated.

OP
OP
Jfilly79

Jfilly79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
they don't work at all?
i.e. when you press the light or only when you open the door?
does the radio shut off when you remove the key and open the door?
At all. Even when I push the buttons, none of them turn on. Doors open, doors closed, doesn't matter. Yes, the radio turns off after removing the key and opening the door.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At all. Even when I push the buttons, none of them turn on. Doors open, doors closed, doesn't matter. Yes, the radio turns off after removing the key and opening the door.
if that is the case then it's likely a blown fuse somewhere, I would try putting in new fuse's even if the existing one's look ok if that doesn't work then maybe grab a new dash switch there only like $25 online
*also just for giggles check to be sure the lamps are indeed good, I have seen vehicles before where every single bulb was out
behind the panel on left side of the dash with drivers door open, check fuse #5, #17.
also is there anything else not working? sometimes things are "tied" together thru fuses that are not listed in the owners manual, those you can find in the gm upfitter guide

OP
OP
Jfilly79

Jfilly79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if that is the case then it's likely a blown fuse somewhere, I would try putting in new fuse's even if the existing one's look ok if that doesn't work then maybe grab a new dash switch there only like $25 online
*also just for giggles check to be sure the lamps are indeed good, I have seen vehicles before where every single bulb was out
behind the panel on left side of the dash with drivers door open, check fuse #5, #17.
also is there anything else not working? sometimes things are "tied" together thru fuses that are not listed in the owners manual, those you can find in the gm upfitter guide
I checked 5 and 17 already, both were good. Everything else works just fine. I'm gonna replace a couple of bulbs to see if any work. It would be really weird/crazy for ALL of the bulbs to be out. I'll check the upfitter guide as well. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts