No instrument gauge lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zedd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife said she plugged an ipad into power point to the left of the AC controls and the instrument dash lights went out? And it's JUST the gauge cluster, everything else still works. It still has DIC lights, PRND lights, the dimmer switch knob correctly dims and brightens everything else, just zero gauge lights.

I have checked the following fuses:

instrument fuse
DIM fuse
BCM fuse
Tail lights
Parking lights
Left turn, right turn,
power accessory fuses front and back
disconnected battery, drained caps, put it back on.

Nothing is blown! I'm tearing my hair out here. It can't be the lights themselves they wouldn't all just blow at the same time, the problem points to a fuse but it must not be an obvious one.

2011 Yukon Denali

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

The problem above happened last night and it was when I was doing my troubleshooting. Today in daylight I ran to get some new fuses (I lost one) and as I was driving I noticed the gauge lights were ON! When I got home I pulled into the garage put it into park and the gauge lights turned OFF?. I put it in drive inside the garage, gauge lights still off, pull out into sunshine, gauge lights ON?

Sitting in direct sunlight I can put black cloth over the daytime sensor; dash lights turn off and headlights blink I assume coming out of DRL, remove the black cloth, DRL turns back on and dash lights turn on.

What the heck it's like the sensor is working in reverse but only for dash lights its working correctly switching between DRL and headlights (I assume how can u tell the difference?). Where should I go next?

Last edited:

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Zedd,

Can I be of assistance? I understand that you are experiencing some issues with your 2011 Yukon and looking for some advice to resolve these concerns. I might not be able to provide you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern and create a case in our system to document these concerns for you. Please contact me via private message if I can be of further assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care