No communication with obd2 scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely what I'll do when we get warm weather again. Would that cause a check engine?
yes and/or you would maybe get a "check gas cap" warning just depends on how much of a vacuum leak there is, if the solenoid failed to complete a cycle it would throw a cel.

OP
OP
B

bkcarter77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I checked the fuse for the cig lighter and it was OK, but I'm still getting the communication error. What would I try out next?

OP
OP
B

bkcarter77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes and/or you would maybe get a "check gas cap" warning just depends on how much of a vacuum leak there is, if the solenoid failed to complete a cycle it would throw a cel.
Just wish I wasn't getting a communication error. I ordered a different code reader incase that one just doesn't work with it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wish I wasn't getting a communication error. I ordered a different code reader incase that one just doesn't work with it.
you can ohm test the obd port pins to check to be sure it has communication and rule the code reader in or out, google obd port test and it will give the specs for a couple pins that are critical for comm's

OP
OP
B

bkcarter77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can ohm test the obd port pins to check to be sure it has communication and rule the code reader in or out, google obd port test and it will give the specs for a couple pins that are critical for comm's
Will do this weekend. We just got snow so I'll wait a couple days

Ont240

Reaction score
From what i've read, the evap emission system will cause check engine, and if you have a check engine light on, remote start will not work.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what i've read, the evap emission system will cause check engine, and if you have a check engine light on, remote start will not work.
anything that makes the check engine light come on will prevent a autostart but that is irrelevant here.

OP
OP
B

bkcarter77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the problem. My obd2 port wasn't reading my thing. I bought a fixd one and it worked fine. Guess it's a known problem for these vehicles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA