Newbie, 07 Tahoe crack in roof, leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stutts115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've looked around here before when I had my 09. Bought a 07 yesterday, headed home started pouring rain. Got home looking around, under rear cargo mat was wet? Didn't think much the seller told me he had the carpet shampooed. Went out b4 bed, water running down the inside rear panel. So today took panels off, wife hose piped water on roof while I was inside. Instantly water on my head. Not from the rubber gromet where I would have bet my check, because someone had already caulked it:( CRACK in the roof by the hinge. Figured I'd share. Might help someone else. Awesome forum!

IMG_20200315_163404327.jpg

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked around here before when I had my 09. Bought a 07 yesterday, headed home started pouring rain. Got home looking around, under rear cargo mat was wet? Didn't think much the seller told me he had the carpet shampooed. Went out b4 bed, water running down the inside rear panel. So today took panels off, wife hose piped water on roof while I was inside. Instantly water on my head. Not from the rubber gromet where I would have bet my check, because someone had already caulked it:( CRACK in the roof by the hinge. Figured I'd share. Might help someone else. Awesome forum!

View attachment 242520
take it back to the person you bought it from he would have known about that problem for sure .. that is why when you buy a car you take it to a car wash before buying it

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

It is great to have this piece of knowledge to add to our accumulated knowledge base.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here, willing to share their experiences and perspectives.

Please give us a few pics in this thread, and then add your truck's details to your signature line.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 242520
where exactly is this crack? can you post up some pictures a little further back so we can get a idea of where you are talking about

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He already offered to take it back. I'm just going to fix it. Tahoe is in good shape.
that is severe structural damage just take it back.. it's been in a accident into a soft object at low speeds. if the hinge broke (possibly while the tailgate was open) OR they had it open when it was in motion. you could be suprised how much damage can happen when the wind opens your door

my friend totaled his car when the wind fling the door open.... framed damaged the door edge somehow ended up crashing into the fender and crumpling the fender and door edge

this is a clear case of frame damage i would renegotiate the price as you over paid for something with frame damage.. if you want to keep it

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe