New (Used) Tahoe Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GatorBite

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a new to me 2003 SSV 4x4 with the 5.3L FF for a project vehicle. I am wanting to turn this into an adventure/overlanding vehicle. The truck had 134k miles on it and had a pretty clean carfax. It looks like there was one small collision on the rear bumper that was reported. It also looks like the driver side door was either kicked open or the wind got a hold of it and bent the door hinges a bit.

Anyways. I am hoping to get some help from some other Tahoe/Yukon/SSV owners as I figure out my build and new rig.

Rich
2003 Tahoe New to Me Photo.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Rich!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome from NJ. Do you know your SSV's prior history? Was it in service with the feds or municipal police? Have any interior shots?

OP
OP
GatorBite

GatorBite

Reaction score
Welcome from NJ. Do you know your SSV's prior history? Was it in service with the feds or municipal police? Have any interior shots?

It was in service in North Carolina. I don't remember what agency the guy I bought it from said.

OP
OP
GatorBite

GatorBite

Reaction score
Nice, no rust.

Minimal rust. It is in pretty good shape overall. The only real issue right now is that the driver door was over extended (or hyper extended) at some point in the vehicles life. I am guessing either the wind caught it or the door got kicked open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zednelem93