New Tahoe owner looking for advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GamerUSN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought my first Chevy and need some advice. It’s a 2021 Tahoe Z71 and there’s two things in particular I need assistance with: I can’t activate ACC, I can set requested distance to vehicle in front, I have the button on my steering wheel, my vehicle measures time to the car in front so I was assuming my vehicle has ACC or am I wrong? I checked the manual and tried to press the button with the cross that should toggle between CC and ACC. Is there anything else I can try?
I get the “General inaccuracy error” when I try to use the onboard nav system, is there anything I can do to fix that easily? I’ve searched the web but can’t find a quick fix for it?

Any and all help much appreciated.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2021 Premiere model and while I've got all the buttons and distance setting for it, I simply don't have the option.

Mgihr want to look up your window sticker to see if that specific option is included on your rig. My guess is that 's not.

To view your window sticker I found this on another forum post. Add your VIN immediately after the = sign in the link below.
https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2/vehicle/windowsticker?vin=

OP
OP
G

GamerUSN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2021 Premiere model and while I've got all the buttons and distance setting for it, I simply don't have the option.

Mgihr want to look up your window sticker to see if that specific option is included on your rig. My guess is that 's not.

To view your window sticker I found this on another forum post. Add your VIN immediately after the = sign in the link below.
https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2/vehicle/windowsticker?vin=
Looks like I’m I the same position as you, got the buttons and distance settings but no Adaptive Cruise Control after checking the window sticker.

Thanks a lot for helping out!

Now I just need to figure out how get rid of the inaccuracy error on the nav system. With Apple CarPlay the nav isn’t really needed but want to get it working anyway.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’m I the same position as you, got the buttons and distance settings but no Adaptive Cruise Control after checking the window sticker.

Thanks a lot for helping out!

Now I just need to figure out how get rid of the inaccuracy error on the nav system. With Apple CarPlay the nav isn’t really needed but want to get it working anyway.
I'm not sure on that nav error. That's a bit odd. Could try re-seating the SD card which is located next to the USB ports below the screen.

Unfortunately there's no way to update the maps without buying an updated SD card. I've been just ignoring the incorrect speed limits for a few roads where I live and like you said use CarPlay.

Another option is if you enter into a subscription for the Hotspot you can download Chevrolet Maps+ although the stupid part with that is if you have heads up display that doesn't display the navigation stuff on it like the factory nav stuff does.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
I just bought my first Chevy and need some advice. It’s a 2021 Tahoe Z71 and there’s two things in particular I need assistance with: I can’t activate ACC, I can set requested distance to vehicle in front, I have the button on my steering wheel, my vehicle measures time to the car in front so I was assuming my vehicle has ACC or am I wrong? I checked the manual and tried to press the button with the cross that should toggle between CC and ACC. Is there anything else I can try?
I get the “General inaccuracy error” when I try to use the onboard nav system, is there anything I can do to fix that easily? I’ve searched the web but can’t find a quick fix for it?

Any and all help much appreciated.
Still boggles my mind the way that Toyota and Honda will throw in ACC on practically every model from the base trim to loaded - meanwhile GM, Ford, and Stellantis want you to "PAY UP, FOOL!"

Give what a Z71/AT4 MSRPs for even with no options lack of ACC would really frost my cookies.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACC is a $500 option, but I’m not even sure it’s available on the Z71, you have to get to the RST trim or above to be able to get it.

In the GMC you can get it starting at SLT, except for the AT4.

I think the front end design of the Z71 and AT4 prevents including the needed radar module in favor of approach angle.

I have it in my Denali; I only use it about 50% of the time…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar