New to this forum, Just brought a used 2001 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi , Just wanted to drop a note to say Hello and I am siked about owning this 2001 GMC Yukon..

I have been wanting a full size SUV for some years now and in June of 2017, I rented a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban and drove it from Maryland to Arizona. It was such a good road trip vehicle and I love road trips. So I had been looking on and off for a while for a perfect used older Gm Full size SUV, I didnt care if it was the Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon .Yukon XL or Cadillac Escalade , though I do have to admit, I like GMC the most , anyhow, I brought a 2001 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4 with 201k miles, now its 202k miles lol.

the last Owner had a transmission overhaul at 193k miles on it. redid the brake lines, redid the ac system, and brought new tires about 10k miles ago or 3 years ago, he didnt drive it a lot. Anyhow He wanted 4k and I offer him 3k thinkng maybe he would come down to 3500 but he accepted the 3k, anyhow when I got there , I test drove even though I already knew I wanted to buy it as I had the money in my hand, He said him and his wife decided to let me have it for 2,500 dollars cause they thought I was a nice person, which was really cool of them to do that. I can't believe it , that I am a Yukon Owner now ... I got some kool plans for it, nothing to expensive but I do want to spruce it up a little, I am thinking of going to maaco and getting it repainted to GM Bermuda Blue , right now its a dark blue color but with clear coat damage on the hood and roof and 3 small pen size rust spots I want to get fixed before they rust out further. The front seats have some rips in them, so I was looking online at some custom seat leather seat covers for it but all that will come later, I want to make sure everything is good on this before I throw money at making it look better. I think its good though because the last Owner had records from the same garage he took it too over the years he owned it, so it has been really taken good care of. He also was very honest about what was wrong with it, like telling me the fuel gauge does not work and telling me, the driver door sometimes has to be slam hard to shut it, otherwise it kinda does not line up with it shuts ..

I really have wanted a full size GM SUV for some times but I remember watching that show with George Lopez and his character driving a 2000-06 Chevy Tahoe and thinking that Tahoe was cool looking, I love this style of the GM full size suvs more then any other style. I think the dashboard and interior were some of the best work GM did on their full size SUVs.

haha I took my Yukon yesterday to Valvoline Oil change, their like jiffy lube, I was sitting there, turn it off while they did the oil change and when they were done, they told me to go ahead and turn it back on, I went to turn it on and it wouldn't start, it wouldn't crank over, they hit the starter and try a few other things but they were like it may be your started cause it is not even cranking over man. They pushed it out and I text the last owner asking him if there was anything I could do to get it to start, I was thinking maybe there is something I am not doing right, He ask, did you knock the kill switch lose? I forgot he told me , the Yukon had a kill switch, He told me, pull it out and push it back in, I did and it fired up , lol I was feeling stupid but so happy too.

anyhow some pictures will follow soon.. Loving my Yukon.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Billy!

Sounds you really got a good deal. I would try to find a good independent mechanic and stay out of Lube places like Jiffy. Most will let you bring your own oil and filter and charge you around 15 bucks to change it.

I love road trips myself. I generally drive up to NYC 3 times a year from Miami.

OP
OP
BillyfarmerO71
Reaction score
that is a good ideal about a independent mechanic, I will have to check around, as long as he aint like scotty from youtube hating on everything but toyota lol