New to the forum. Looking for ideas. This one has potential but needs a lot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GG66

GG66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How's the engine and driveline?
It starts and runs. I need to run it some to see how that driveline really is. I think there’s some hope. Leaking some oil. Prolly that sending unit that’s fun to get to. Getting the brakes safe before we start using it for short trips around town. I can usually sort one out gradually pretty well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It starts and runs. I need to run it some to see how that driveline really is. I think there’s some hope. Leaking some oil. Prolly that sending unit that’s fun to get to. Getting the brakes safe before we start using it for short trips around town. I can usually sort one out gradually pretty well.
I can't maneuver my way around the back of the intake to get that sensor. It is easier to pull the intake, change the sensor in 2 seconds and put the intake back on. Takes a little bit longer but saves my back and hands from getting scratched up.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't maneuver my way around the back of the intake to get that sensor. It is easier to pull the intake, change the sensor in 2 seconds and put the intake back on. Takes a little bit longer but saves my back and hands from getting scratched up.
+1 for me too, with my grizzly bear paws. Once you've removed the intake and know how to do it, it only takes 15 minutes to remove and 15 to replace. Plus you can get a good look at the intake gaskets and replace them while you're in there as preventative maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo