NEW TO TAHOE PPV, looking to buy this week! Please advise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I am new to this forum and to the PPV tahoe. I am looking to purchase a 2014 ppv with 101k and 7500 hours on it. The current owner has all of the service records from day one. I want to get your opinion and insight on owning one of these trucks. I am interested in finding out more about the maintenance cost for one of these as well as things to check before buying.

Let me know what your experience has been with them and if you recommend I buy one. I currently drive an 06 diesel benz with 200+k on it that has been great however I am looking for a change in seat position and more room. I am really looking for cheaper maintenance costs decent reliability and longevity.

I test drove the truck and to my surprise it drives like a car in my opinion you don't feel like you're driving a massive truck. I enjoyed the ride height ,power and comfort. I don't know much about the 5.3 v8 that these come with or their 6spd trans. Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like it do it. Any vehicle at 100k needs maintenance and the costs aren’t any more than other vehicles the 5.3 is bullet proof with millions of them out there. Take care of it and you’re good for another 100-150k. Post pictures when she’s yours.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my first and am more than happy with it, like was said preventative maintenance and you'll get another 100k out of it, I say go for it and enjoy the room and entrance/exit height.

OP
OP
M

Matek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still thinking about it guys. I do like it but it is a police version one so I’m not really sure how it’s been driven etc. if I get it Y’all be the first to know. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up buying the PPV? Didn't know the asking price.

Buying a PPV isn't for everyone. Myself, thought I would be saving money buying a PPV. Ended up trying to make mine look like a civilian Tahoe. Thousands of dollars later and now have to repaint my entire PPV due to the savages who took all the police badges off with a flathead screwdriver.

Anyway, these are great trucks. If you keep the PPV looks and just add the armrest/center console, you will have a nice Tahoe on the cheap. Just know the PPV's ride much harsher than the civilian versions.

DRKN57

Reaction score
Did you end up buying the PPV? Didn't know the asking price.

Buying a PPV isn't for everyone. Myself, thought I would be saving money buying a PPV. Ended up trying to make mine look like a civilian Tahoe. Thousands of dollars later and now have to repaint my entire PPV due to the savages who took all the police badges off with a flathead screwdriver.

Anyway, these are great trucks. If you keep the PPV looks and just add the armrest/center console, you will have a nice Tahoe on the cheap. Just know the PPV's ride much harsher than the civilian versions.
Good advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645