New to site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You may have done more things to it than I have with my XL. Than again I don't want to modify it too much. At least not until I finish paying it off. Only got around high 6k left. You got a good price on that. If I would have got the regular yukon it would have an Ls6 or Ls2 by now.. My is a family SUV at the time.. Got plenty of race toys right now..

Good luck with the build.

Antonio

OP
OP
true95w/t

true95w/t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well ladies and fellas I got a lot done in the past three weeks of ownership. I put in new projector headlights with hid kit also. I hooked the halos up and also leds to work as drl's. I ordered and installed 275/45/20 hankook ventus tires for the front. I lowered it 4 inches in rear with coil and shocks and decranked the front and it lowered 3 1/8 inches and which leveled it but I am running 275/55/20 in rear. Measurements from ground to fender lip are all within 1/4" or each other bu since front tires are smaller, there is a little more rom from tire to fender lip. I also managed to fix a bunch of little things like mirror switch, drivers power door lock and bought and programmed keyless entry fobs. I order drivers side passenger door body line trim because some idiot put two sheet metal screws through chrome strip into the door. Ill be painting the new molding tomorrow and then wrapping all the chrome on the vehicle in carbon fiber along with the mirror caps. I am undecided if I'm going to paint chrome bumpers black or wrap them in carbon fiber also and repainting bumper caps gloss black to match body color. I've ordered a edge cs evolution programmer and will it for tuning now but in the future I want a black bear tune when he comes to east coast and ill use the programmer just for digital gauges then. I'm undecided if I'm going to mold it to door pillar or down where the slave cd changer was. I'm also trying to decide if I want to mold in 2 din pioneer touchscreen with navigation or if I'm going to try the single din with attached 9 inch screen which is an off brand from sonic electronix. I'll probably due the off brand because of the larger screen and less work for now but I know ill end up going pioneer route down the road. When I paint door molding I'm possibly going to add some base black to clear and tint tails but I'm also thinking of ordering aftermarket rear tails that are carbon fiber plastic with clear lens which will help pull all the carbon fiber together I'm just scared of makin it look two "Ricey". Ill have mirror caps, outer roof rack bars and possibly bumpers done in the carbon fiber so I think ill wait to decide if will order the Vernon fiber tails. Interior wise I have the dark oak interior which I'm not found off but I am not going to change interior color because I smoothed and painted the interior of my k1500 ecsb and two years later its cracking and ill have to redo it so I'm not looking forward to doing that and also the Yukon. I think I will just add some carbon fiber accents to the interior and then do either suede or leather head liner the dark oak color. I'm also adding two Memphis 12s and I will be building a sealed down firing box and wrapping it in leather. I'm having 6" letters cut out that spell always grounded and putting them under the leather on box. I'm thinking of putting carbon fiber on the letters and then wrapping the box and then sanding the edges of the letters and making the letters look like they are wearing through the leather exposing the carbon fiber. I'm also having some custom windshield and side glass decals made. My friend owns Krawl Works which is mainly a lifted jeep and truck shop but we also do lowering there so I'm going to have banners made that have big Krawl works then in the middle of the letters kinda have cut out strip and in that strip it will say grounded division. I'm hoping with fixing up the Yukon and making it look good then advertising I can help get more lowering business for the shop. He has some really badass jeeps and then lifted trucks including my chevy but I figure the more business the better. I hear from all of people that the shop only does jeeps so I'm helping to dispel that myth. Lastly I'm working on getting another 5.3 that I can build up and then drop in the Yukon with either whipple charger or a turbo and air to air. Then ill build the Yukons current motor and put it in my Chevy which currently has built 355 with tbi.
Sorry I don't have pictures tonight but ill work on pictures tomorrow.

In the last ice taught my self to pinstripe and also dabble in air brushing. Anyone have any easy ideas to paint on intake tube and motor plastics? Flames are getting old and so is the lightning bolt stuff. I thought about wrapping stuff in carbon fiber and then ghosting in some skulls and possibly some biomechanical type stuff but not sure if my skills are up to pad. I can draw and sketch pretty good so maybe I could get paint markers and do stuff that way.
Oh I forgot I ordered precut tint to make it easier for me to tint it over factory. I'm going 5% everything behind drivers windows then 20% on driver and passenger window. I don't think I'm going to do anything to windshield because personally I don't like the upper and lower tint strips. I am also wrapping the Yukon and gmc on the barn doors and then the gmc on front grill. I haven't decided what aftermarket grill to run but I am painting the grill black to match body. I'm hoping all this turns out nice I'm just worried about carbon fiber being to much so ill do molding chrome and mirror caps first and then bumpers and if that seems too much ill paint bumpers.
Well I typed alot so hopefully tomorrow ill have pictures to show what I've got down so far.
Any suggestions fellas? I like getting ideas and then I can tailor them to fit my style!
age7are6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

My smartphone does a great job of making me look stupid. I'd go back and edit last post but I think everyone can figure out what I'm saying.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did I miss this introduction Welcome to the Forum , A build thread is a must :Big Laugh:

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Can't wait to see more pics of this build. Especially the audio system.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of that TV. Found it on amazon for 15$ less than sonic. I might have to look into this also as a temp screen until I get what I want. Looks not too bad and doesn't have bad reviews.

OP
OP
true95w/t

true95w/t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got few things done today. I wrapped emblem in carbon fiber vinyl and painted grill surround satin black. I also replaced a few clips and connectors but nothing really to show there.
egagutab.jpg

apanahyd.jpg

3a4e9eje.jpg

u4e3ugyt.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Hopefully tomorrow my programmer and intake are here and I can start coming up with cool paint scheme for under the hood. If anyone has some ideas please send them my way. I guess I should also transfer this from new intro thread and start a build thread. I suck at build threads because ill work like gang busters for few weeks then back goes out or something happens and I won't do anything to truck for months.

OP
OP
true95w/t

true95w/t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks donyukon ill start a thread there.

VicYukon

Reaction score
Looks great bro nice job keep it going... It's so much to see your own truck change specially when you do it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo