New to site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

true95w/t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Aaron. I live in central PA. I just purchased a 2000 Yukon and already started modding it an fixing issues. I'm not new to Chevy family. I also have a 95 Chevy k1500 that I completely resto/modded a few years back. I love the truck but I can no longer climb into daily because I have health issues. I broke my back 13 years ago and it has continually gotten worse and it makes it impossible to drive a lifted truck. I had searched for crewcab trucks to purchase and lower an came across my Yukon in Virginia through autotrader. It had 114k on it and I paid 5k for it. I didn't plan on modding it at first but I found a set of black AR 20s and that started the process. I bought it dec 27th and in the past 4 days I added the 20"s, ordered 2" drop coil springs, replaced factory stereo with a head unit I had laying around. Today I replaced blown front speakers with kicker 6.5s. I will end up moving those to rear doors once I purchase a set of Focal components. I will be wiring up the Yukon with system out of my truck which is 1000 watt Memphis amp to power 2 Memphis 12s. Ill power the focals and kickers most likely with either my old kicker z series amps or ill purchase a new 4 channel amp. I plan on putting a screen in the center console part right below the dash and most likely also adding a dd touch screen unit in the dash once I decide how I'd like to finish the surround.
The Yukon has the aluminum headed 5.3. I've built many carbed sbc's and also many BMW and also Honda engines but this will be my first ls based motor build. Eventually it will most likely be supercharged bunk will start now doing things to support the end goal. I'm looking at different headers that will dump into a true dual exhaust now. I am also thinking of regearing now but I'm
undecided on which ratio to go to. I still want decent highway mileage so most likely ill just gear to 3.73s.
As far as exterior mods I've already started. I'm painting the grill surround, bumpers and bumper caps gloss black I match body. I am going to wrap the chrome inserts on the molding in carbon fiber looking vinyl. Ill most likely also wrap the roof rack outside rails in carbon fiber vinyl to add to the look. I'm undecided on removing the running boards or smoothing them and painting them body color black. It is already factory tinted but I will do 5% tint on everything behin drivers seat then probably 20% on front windows. I love the look of tinted windshield but I have Crohn's disease, sjodrens disease and I'm diabetic due to constant use of steroids to help with the two auto immune disease so all three diseases cause issues driving at night so I doubt ill tiny windshield. Well this is a start and ill do a build thread once I start wrenching so more. Here's picks from autotrader and one pic I took today that show new rims.
I'm fixin all the little issues that are wrong of broke first so that I have a clean unbroken platform to work from.
Well ill shit up and get on with the pics.
gyte6a3u.jpg

a7erygaj.jpg

u9ase2uq.jpg
u7y8u7yn.jpg

ge5ete8y.jpg

Oh the headlight adjuster is broken off so I ordered new headlights, running lights and fog lights that are all blacked out to go with everything else being blacked out. I didn't want angel eyes but I couldn't find any lights sets that I liked without the halos so ill run these for now.
6aha5y8u.jpg

I'm always open to suggestions so I'm you got any please comment and let me know. I know the murdered out look played out but I still like the look. My truck and also my Fiances trailblazer are blacked out already so blacking the Yukon out is kinda a necessity or no one in my small town will think its mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Sorry about all the typos. My hands are constantly numb due to spinal issues and sometimes its hard typing on iPhone. I used to correct all my post on other forums but now just say te hell with it. You can usually figure out what I'm saying so I don't bother correcting. It.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site this place is one of the best forums im on. You look like you got a nice platform to go off of.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks good
I like the headlights too you going to be putting them on??

Sent from my TeleFonO!!

OP
OP
true95w/t

true95w/t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Godoy, I bought the headlights off eBay and they should be here this week. Ill be puttin them on te day they get here because currently the drivers side headlights adjuster is broken an the headlight is pointed about 5 feet in front of vehicle.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm also a member of fullsizechevy.com. This sight seems very similar and to me that's a good thing. I'm a member in pirate also am that sight gets old with all the bashing. This site seems very friendly and we are all shooting for the same thing, badass vehicles that we enjoy and personalize!
Ill get a build thread going shortly. I am actually lookin forward to wrenching on my Yukon because I bought it from mid Virginia and there is only light surface rust on frame and undercarriage unlike my k1500 I rebuilt which was nothing but rust. I am disabled (broken and fused back, torn si joint) so I have alot of time but usually I can work on vehicle for a few hours than spend the next day in bed so progress may seem slow.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Welcome!
And if you make any progress at all you'll be doing better than some of us so it's ok haha!
Don't want to finish the whole truck in a week any way what fun is that!

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool make sure to post more pics!! With the new headlights

Sent from my TeleFonO!!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome....

Off to a great start.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
true95w/t

true95w/t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my hid kit, lowering coils and dash cover in mail today. Hopefully Monday mg shocks, key fob, front tires And power lock actuator show up along with headlights. I want to get rid of the air ride and level it really bad. Hopefully I can get everything done Monday and then ill post up more pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz