New to me Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 Tahoe LTZ with the 5.3L/6spd and 4WD. She has just under 93k on it currently and drives virtually flawlessly. Engine oil is fresh but unknown history on other fluids, although brake fluid looks original. I plan to baseline it and change all the fluids (as time allows). What would the priority preventative maintenance items be at this time? The dealer I purchased from did put new tires, front brakes and ball joints (looks like lowers only) in prior to the purchase.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 Tahoe LTZ with the 5.3L/6spd and 4WD. She has just under 93k on it currently and drives virtually flawlessly. Engine oil is fresh but unknown history on other fluids, although brake fluid looks original. I plan to baseline it and change all the fluids (as time allows). What would the priority preventative maintenance items be at this time? The dealer I purchased from did put new tires, front brakes and ball joints (looks like lowers only) in prior to the purchase.

Plugs/tune up and transmission fluid change due at 100k miles. Probably transfer case and front and rear diff fluid changes wouldn't hurt as well.

Disabling AFM via tune and getting a catch can would be good ideas IMO.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Change all the rest of the other fluids. If able, do them yourself so you can inspect the plugs. I'm talking about the differentials and transfer case. Let the dealer do the radiator and transmission fluid exchange. Later on do the plugs and wires. Use AC Delco fluids and parts, either OE or Professional. Then after that consider the power steering and brake fluid, checking the hoses too to see if they need changing.

BlackBear tune too.

OP
OP
buck91

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brake fluid, front dif and transfer case done. All three were DEFINITELY due. Hoping to knock out the transmission fluid and filter tomorrow. Going to pump it out of the cooler line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401