New to me...has a miss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
Your not messing around.

Just an update...

I got the injectors installed and WOW what a difference! This thing is actually pretty strong! I have noticed that I'm still running a little rich though from the exhaust sometimes and I'm still working on that.

The lights were fixed by replacing the switch module.

I'm still working on my A/C mode switching. I have a new actuator but when i unplugged the old one and plugged in the new one, i got nothing so I'm still checking the reasons behind that.

I also had a rear blower that wasn't working. I pulled the plastic and started playing with wires and....BOOM it started working! The red and white wires were shorting out so they've been tightened and taped.

I went to the other side of the cargo area and pulled that side off and found my sub all rotten sooooo....just for kicks and giggles I pulled the sub from an old surround system and dropped it in to see if i had power. Sure did and it works fine. I'll order something suited for the enclosure soon enough but this is SO much better than nothing but treble.

The ball joints were replaced with moog press ins and we have new tires...new to us at least lol.

So far that's it. I still have to find a way to fix the stupid ass cable system that works the fold down functions of the rear seat but I'm not too concerned.....whoever engineered that should be slapped.

I'm sure i probably need a sensor or something to clear up my rich running but we're looking a lot better. I'll probably put some miles on it tomorrow and blow it out.

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you! So you're injectors were screwed huh? I'm taking my truck to the shop tomorrow finally after a few reschedules. Hopefully they find why my truck is so weak and with a miss

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
Good for you! So you're injectors were screwed huh? I'm taking my truck to the shop tomorrow finally after a few reschedules. Hopefully they find why my truck is so weak and with a miss

yeah, they were done. I posted pics of the crap that I found inside of them that was clogging them up. I still have a little stumble when I first start it but other wise she runs really well. I drove it 110 miles this morning and she did well. I'll be doing a water pump in the next week or so and that should be it for the mechanicals for a while. Knock on wood.

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just got checked out today. They said the stumble that it has on idle is normal for these motors and that the fuel trims were all fine while he was test driving it. Idk....I still think it isn't right personally. I shouldn't barely keep up with a civic when I have a 6.0L.....I don't care how big the truck is. Gonna get a second opinion when I have some time and find someone that isn't gonna charge me to look at it.

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
I had my mechanic check out my stumble yesterday and he said it wasnt mechanical but it was the timing getting settled by the computer. Mine pings once on startup and then stumbles for a moment before smoothing out. He says the computer needs a second to catch up but its nothing to worry about

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
I mean, I dont think a 6.0 should be a dog but I wouldnt expect 7.0 sec 0-60 times either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebuilttahoe03