New To Me 98 Tahoe, Green

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intermittent ABS light like that typically means a sensor problem. Could also be connection problems at harness and/or module. If was a tone ring or gap problem, IMO, that would be a more constant thing.

It will likely have a ABS code stored that will point to a diagnostic procedure in the manual.
I've had a couple of auto parts stores pull the codes, but they don't see anything for ABS at all.

Do dealers charge to pull codes?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most auto parts store scanners don't read the ABS system, so you'll need to find someone or a store that has such a scanner.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a tire shop or something like that when they’re not too busy. They’d likely have a good scanner on hand and run a quick check for you.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question.

I get about 7', maybe a bit more from the back of the front seats to the inside sill of the barn doors with them closed. Obviously I can't get a full 8' board laying flat inside and close the doors. I could leave the doors open a bit with the board protruding and lash them closed against it. Other than the noise and wind, is there a problem with that? Stress on the hinges, etc?

This is not something that would be done often.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem at all. I had a 2002 barn door Tahoe and did that a few times. Just don't tie the doors together too tight. I put padding on the edges of what is being hauled and used a few bungy cords.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my thinking is the doors aren't light and I'm not sure how strong the hinges are. Supporting the doors static isn't the same as supporting them while the vehicle is in motion over bumpy roads.

I can't leave the tailgate open on the wagon without risk of losing the upper glass portion the way it's hinged and latched

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you strap them where they don't flop back and forth, they will be fine. I don't know about a "Dukes of Hazard" jump but other than that, should be good. Be careful where you attach bungy's or straps. If you really want to help support door weight when hanging open, strap from bottom of door and up to the roof rack in addition to the other straps.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question.

I get about 7', maybe a bit more from the back of the front seats to the inside sill of the barn doors with them closed. Obviously I can't get a full 8' board laying flat inside and close the doors. I could leave the doors open a bit with the board protruding and lash them closed against it. Other than the noise and wind, is there a problem with that? Stress on the hinges, etc?

This is not something that would be done often.
When I need to get 8' boards in, I pad the center console with a moving blanket, and stack the ends there. Then I can close the barn doors. It all depends on how many boards you are loading up though.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ I don't have a center console. I have the 60/40 bench with a fold down armrest..

I do the center console thing in the Taurus wagon sometimes, or just lay the passenger seat back as far as it will go. I can get a ten footer in there if I go up over the dash.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you strap them where they don't flop back and forth, they will be fine. I don't know about a "Dukes of Hazard" jump but other than that, should be good. Be careful where you attach bungy's or straps. If you really want to help support door weight when hanging open, strap from bottom of door and up to the roof rack in addition to the other straps.
I was thinking of adding a square D ring style tie point to the inside of each door down low, then threading a lashing strap with a cam lock rather than a ratchet strap. Hold secure without pulling too hard.

a01d22e69a8%2F763e5772-f141-4ce5-866c-7fd0fdacefa0.jpg ages.esellerpro.com%2F3684%2FI%2F863%2F7%2FVY22866.jpg

ttp%3A%2F%2Fpaxstrap.com%2FUploads%2F5efa9f28891a5.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900