New to me 2011 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jdwood1111

Reaction score
if you are lucky you can just throw a rebuilt valve body/techm in it and cross your fingers, it's not a super easy fix like the 4l60's are.
not sure what he is working on there but I think you would need to drop the exhaust also
What operations do the valve body and TECHM mostly control? Forgive my ignorance and lack of initial research but figured I would post that while I look it up. I plan on having a trans shop or two take a look and give me their opinion just debating if and when I can tackle the fluid and filter myself or have a shop do it in case of other issues. First is getting my tires dealt with and then we’ll figure out trans or the hoses I need to replace (see my other thread about my trip back from Florida).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What operations do the valve body and TECHM mostly control? Forgive my ignorance and lack of initial research but figured I would post that while I look it up. I plan on having a trans shop or two take a look and give me their opinion just debating if and when I can tackle the fluid and filter myself or have a shop do it in case of other issues. First is getting my tires dealt with and then we’ll figure out trans or the hoses I need to replace (see my other thread about my trip back from Florida).
that's what controls all the fluid pressure and has the actuators in it, the check balls shrink over time and causes issue's. on the older 4l60's you could just drop the pan and have access to the actuators right there, now it's all integrated. It's just speculation, best to have a transmission shop check it out.

OP
OP
J

jdwood1111

Reaction score
So just to follow up with this and not leave things hanging. I added about 60% (worried about it being too much) of a bottle of Seafoam Trans Tune to the transmission fluid and drove the truck about 300-400 miles before taking it to another transmission shop. First shop I took it to test drove it like a grandpa and said it was fine and the fluid was red and recommended not touching it. I then took it to another shop and he drove it without me but said he put it through the paces and it never skipped a beat. He then performed the fluid and filter service ($300) and said the pan was clear and found no evidence of any issues. He said I was on borrowed time as he does 20-30 a year of these now and says the same as all others on here, torque converters and the pumps at the bell housing. He does not rebuild them but does remanufactured units for around $3700 with a 3 year 100k mile warranty.

I have not gotten the trans temp up that hot to where I had the previous concerns but it does seem to drive better after the trans tune and fluid and service. Next up is the coolant and hoses in the spring time and hope its remains reliable!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just to follow up with this and not leave things hanging. I added about 60% (worried about it being too much) of a bottle of Seafoam Trans Tune to the transmission fluid and drove the truck about 300-400 miles before taking it to another transmission shop. First shop I took it to test drove it like a grandpa and said it was fine and the fluid was red and recommended not touching it. I then took it to another shop and he drove it without me but said he put it through the paces and it never skipped a beat. He then performed the fluid and filter service ($300) and said the pan was clear and found no evidence of any issues. He said I was on borrowed time as he does 20-30 a year of these now and says the same as all others on here, torque converters and the pumps at the bell housing. He does not rebuild them but does remanufactured units for around $3700 with a 3 year 100k mile warranty.

I have not gotten the trans temp up that hot to where I had the previous concerns but it does seem to drive better after the trans tune and fluid and service. Next up is the coolant and hoses in the spring time and hope its remains reliable!
Awesome! Thanks for following up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues