New Texas Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m Nick.

We just traded in our van for a 2011 Tahoe LT - Texas Edition.

My wife loved her van, but it was starting to fall apart. We are getting in to camping and I wanted to be able to tow a small camper.

I was looking at a 2005 Z71 and then got lucky and found a one owner 2011.

So far I am super happy with it. When I was younger my dad had a 2 Door Yukon and then the first gen Escalade. A few years back I owned a 2011 F150 and then traded that in for a more budget friendly 2005 Silverado Z71.

It feels good to be back in a Chevy truck.

I have already “installed” some Husky mats in the front and back rows and I am waiting on the cargo liner to be delivered.

It will stay stock for now. In a year or so I’d like to get my wife another van and then the Tahoe will be all mine. :). As of now, whoever is carting the kids around (3, 6, 8) has the Tahoe.

Attachments

• 0A15F110-2FF1-4357-AF4C-80193C2ED0B0.jpeg
    0A15F110-2FF1-4357-AF4C-80193C2ED0B0.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 17

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m Nick.

We just traded in our van for a 2011 Tahoe LT - Texas Edition.

My wife loved her van, but it was starting to fall apart. We are getting in to camping and I wanted to be able to tow a small camper.

I was looking at a 2005 Z71 and then got lucky and found a one owner 2011.

So far I am super happy with it. When I was younger my dad had a 2 Door Yukon and then the first gen Escalade. A few years back I owned a 2011 F150 and then traded that in for a more budget friendly 2005 Silverado Z71.

It feels good to be back in a Chevy truck.

I have already “installed” some Husky mats in the front and back rows and I am waiting on the cargo liner to be delivered.

It will stay stock for now. In a year or so I’d like to get my wife another van and then the Tahoe will be all mine. :). As of now, whoever is carting the kids around (3, 6, 8) has the Tahoe.

Welcome! She's a beaut. I like the color, but I'm a little biased. ;)

Mileage? I noticed the exhaust tip, so that's one possible mod. Any notable factory options other than the LTZ standards? I think I see a chrome tow hook in the pic. Any mechanical concerns or anything broken? Know any maintenance or service history?

OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
Welcome! She's a beaut. I like the color, but I'm a little biased. ;)

Mileage? I noticed the exhaust tip, so that's one possible mod. Any notable factory options other than the LTZ standards? I think I see a chrome tow hook in the pic. Any mechanical concerns or anything broken? Know any maintenance or service history?
Mileage is just under 164k.

I like the color too. I thought it was more of a dark grey but there is some tan in it too. I had never seen one in this color, and now I have seen a few more since I bought it. :)

I think the tip and the tow hooks are tied to the Texas Edition package.

Didn’t even know to look for it at the time but it does have the K5L towing package as well, so that was lucky.

For now it will stay stock, but I’d love to change out the muffler at some point.

It does have some aftermarket DVD headrests. Still trying to figure out how they work. I like tech, so I am sure it wont be too hard.

The kids were excited because they liked the screen in our van.

No concerns other than a small ding in the tailgate and the window switches on the drivers side seem a little loose. Nothing major.

The Carfax was pretty detailed. It was sold and serviced locally it’s whole life. Came with new tires as well.

The place I bought it from did a great job getting it ready to sell.

Attachments

• 82E8993D-3A1F-47F4-96D4-C073EC1372E0.jpeg
    82E8993D-3A1F-47F4-96D4-C073EC1372E0.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 12

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage is just under 164k.

I like the color too. I thought it was more of a dark grey but there is some tan in it too. I had never seen one in this color, and now I have seen a few more since I bought it. :)

I think the tip and the tow hooks are tied to the Texas Edition package.

Didn’t even know to look for it at the time but it does have the K5L towing package as well, so that was lucky.

For now it will stay stock, but I’d love to change out the muffler at some point.

It does have some aftermarket DVD headrests. Still trying to figure out how they work. I like tech, so I am sure it wont be too hard.

The kids were excited because they liked the screen in our van.

No concerns other than a small ding in the tailgate and the window switches on the drivers side seem a little loose. Nothing major.

The Carfax was pretty detailed. It was sold and serviced locally it’s whole life. Came with new tires as well.

The place I bought it from did a great job getting it ready to sell.

It looked Graystone Metallic in the pic. There's another color that looks very similar in certain lights but it's a lot more brownish. I'm not familiar with the contents of the Texas Edition package, but that's cool that something came with a tip cuz that stock tailpipe is "blah". Mine's an LTZ but I dechromed it. Never had tow hooks. Sounds like a cared-for vehicle! Being a 2011, it should have the latest rendition of the AFM and PCV parts. The AFM system is your biggest concern. But, use quality oil and change it before it gets dirty, regardless of the mileage or what the OLM says.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from Colorado!

We have a former Browns player, Dave Logan, who has been the Broncos' (currently losers) play-by-play for a good many years, since 1996. He also does a fine job coaching high school football and his teams have won many State championships.

He also shares a weekday radio show with several other personalities on 850 KOA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans