New T-bars anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their torsion bars? I am curious about any difference in ride quality. I know its not a progressive spring so it shouldn't affect dampening much. I replaced my crossmember bushings and my bars have some surface rust in a few spots. I have enough room to adjust them so sagging isn't a issue but I am interested in any benefits. Especially since they have been on the truck for 13 years.

Looking at atomics conversion but I've spent enough $$$ I'd like to salvage what I have.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a detailed thread on performance trucks.net that I monitored for a couple weeks around 1st of the year. The OP had overly harsh front suspension or it squatted on the DS, either way he determined the front bars were in need of replacement. If you are thinking the same thing it's worth diggin up.

Owners always complain or point out the fact of a driver side lean to the truck and what can be done to remedy. I would go out on a limb and say that the bar is worn out from years of single occupant and weight of gasoline on that 1-side of the vehicle.

I should have gotten a passenger side bar from a recycler and swapped it on my driver side when I upgraded the keys. Not a job I will soon so again though. If you have a harsh front or lean it's the bars. Re-indexing them helps for about 6-months as I found but the harshness and lean returned just as it was when I bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts