New Member/2009 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

robhotdog

Reaction score
I used to build the police fleet for a north texas city..I'm an ex GM Tech. The luggage rack is no problem. What you need to know is those trucks are made for speed and handling! Dont know if you got the owners manual with it but GM states you basically have No towing ability! The truck has a special tune and no speed limiter! K9 cop told me he had his to 148 GPS no problem. Cops sit arround in ac ideling all day...as long as they did the proper maintenance I see no problem. Dual batteries are for extra equipment added..there are specific places to add up fitter electronics. Do not add anything if you dont know. Lucky you..you got a hotrod from GM. I called my GM buddys with a VIN. cause I wanted to reflash my ecm in my truck..not possible

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I used to build the police fleet for a north texas city..I'm an ex GM Tech. The luggage rack is no problem. What you need to know is those trucks are made for speed and handling! Dont know if you got the owners manual with it but GM states you basically have No towing ability! The truck has a special tune and no speed limiter! K9 cop told me he had his to 148 GPS no problem. Cops sit arround in ac ideling all day...as long as they did the proper maintenance I see no problem. Dual batteries are for extra equipment added..there are specific places to add up fitter electronics. Do not add anything if you dont know. Lucky you..you got a hotrod from GM. I called my GM buddys with a VIN. cause I wanted to reflash my ecm in my truck..not possible

I think you’ve mixed up PPV and SSV, which happens all the time around here. SSV on this generation are not pursuit rated and definitely have speed limiters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n