New Member/2009 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwhelan420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Just bought a 2009 Tahoe SSV. 55k miles.
I have two Questions perhaps someone can help.
1. Can I see engine hours from ODB Port . I wonder if this vehicle idled for a few thousand hours.
2. Has anyone installed roof rails themselves . Mine has no rack rails on top

I intend to build out for camping vehicle. This unit came with dual batteries, but all service goodies have been removed

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

I, myself, am not familiar enough with the SSV platform, but I know these topics have been covered here.

Here is a thread on the roof racks.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. Can I see engine hours from ODB Port . I wonder if this vehicle idled for a few thousand hours.

I intend to build out for camping vehicle. This unit came with dual batteries, but all service goodies have been removed

Welcome to the forum! Have any pics of the SSV that you can post up?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I installed a DIC on both of mine, to see the hours plus a bunch of other stuff. The switch was about $26 on amazon. The harness is already there behind the trim.

I did install a roof rack on thecopcar. i looked for a while on eBay and found a complete one from one of the many dismantlers on there. Install was pretty easy. It WAS a bit nerve wracking drilling holes for the nutserts.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Read the manual, it’s available online. You can read engine hours in the dash, a DIC is not required. I don’t recall the exact sequence, sorry, but I think you just cycle through the display with key on engine off. Use the trip meter switch.

Mine had over 10,000 hours and 62k miles when I bought it.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If I remember correctly, he on engine off, or possibly just engine off no key will show you the hours.
I installed a DIC on both of mine, to see the hours plus a bunch of other stuff. The switch was about $26 on amazon. The harness is already there behind the trim.

I did install a roof rack on thecopcar. i looked for a while on eBay and found a complete one from one of the many dismantlers on there. Install was pretty easy. It WAS a bit nerve wracking drilling holes for the nutserts.
Dic buttons are cheap and easy upgrade for sure.
Read the manual, it’s available online. You can read engine hours in the dash, a DIC is not required. I don’t recall the exact sequence, sorry, but I think you just cycle through the display with key on engine off. Use the trip meter switch.

Mine had over 10,000 hours and 62k miles when I bought it.
Wow idle time!

SSVNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice - I bought a ‘12 SSV for the same purpose as yours. Mine had 80k miles with 3600 engine hrs on it when I bought it. Looking at full roof racks too for camping but my roof has no predrilled holes except caulked holes from previous installed antennas