New LED DRLs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i went to buy some new HIDs for my fogs, which i did get BTW. but this is about my new DRL bulbs. i noticed as i pulled up, by the reflection in the doors of the warehouse i went, that one of my bulbs were out. so i picked out my HIDs and asked if they had DRL bulbs, so the guy made these up for my while i sat there:

072.jpg
071.jpg
073.jpg

will get pics of them installed tomorrow in the day time

oh and i'll also get pics of my new fogs

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick, i bet these will be nice and bright, go well with HID's

i hope so. might be going back to get some HIDs for reverse lights. just need to wire up something that will prevent fire up while passing reverse to drive and back

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonna have to watch this thread....i wanan do this to ours since i just did LED tails...

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i hope they work cause the bulbs were $21.99 a pair but he hooked them up and they were freaking bright and very white

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
0db18245.gif

Mine are VERY white....almost too white. Quite bright at night, though, when you unlock it.

It's cool that he made them right there for you while you waited. Mine took like 2 months to get in, and cost way more than you paid.

There's also a good write-up on reverse HID's in the tech section that I plan on doing eventually. I've got the lights, but haven't had the time to actually wire everything.

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah now that i have LED DRLs and fogs, maybe i'll get a set of HIDs for high beams and do the 6 hi thing. shit at the price i paid for the HIDs, i'll definitely do the reverse lights. i only paid $60 for my fog HIDs

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those available to the general public?

are you talking about the HID or DRLs? the HIDs yes, the DRLs i dunno. he made the set for me when i asked him for some, he said the design was new for them and had the other type. i have seen the other ones but they are just 3157 bulbs used for like stop and back up. didnt make much sense for me to pay $40 plus dollars for bulbs that light up on the sides and all around. they would just light my bumper and grill LOL. i could ask for ya next time i go if you want me to? since i am a mobile detailer i go by the place at least 3 times a week.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
looking good bro. If you could get your hands on some DRL's lmk those look very nice.. i paid about 25 bucks for mine on ebay...

Let me know when you do your reverse HID's i might want to do the same :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210