New here with a couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSUTigers88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 GMC Yukon SLT

1st- When we have a heavy downpour and vehicle is parked our overhead map lights above the radio leak a considerable amount of water. So much so that if an electronic device were there it would ruin it. My original thought is the moonroof....but can water get from the tracts of the moonroof to the overhead map lights on the interior?

2nd- We were on the interstate yesterday doing 75 mph. There were some sways/bumps in the interstate and all of a sudden the vehicle started to rock side to side. The steering wheel was not moving side to side, but rather the top of the vehicle. The vehicle felt very top heavy and so much so that I would slow down to 40 or so and it would stop. But as soon as I got back up to 55-75 it would start again. Any ideas where to start checking?

OP
OP
L

LSUTigers88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how much would i be looking at to replace those things listed? only have 90k miles on it

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
There are drains from the front corners of your sun roof that go down the A-pillars and exit at the rear of the front wheel wells.

If you have an air compressor you can usually find the hose where it exits at the wheel well and blow air through them to clear them of any debris that may be plugging them up.

Suspension sounds like you need to replace some parts like @Galante mentioned.

Prices will depend on several factors.

1. Will you be doing the work yourself?

2. Which suspension package your truck has... NON-Autoride, Autoride, or Magnaride. Your RPO codes (sticker on your glove box door) will tell you this info... look for the Z codes.. like Z55 for Autoride.

3. Whether you decide to keep the same type of suspension that you currently have or convert it over to something different/cheaper.

Give us some more info and I am certain that more guys will chime in.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLT should have Autoride, yeah?

My LTZ does and it feels planted, actually, it's a bit TOO firm. I unplugged the shocks as a test and it rode much softer but felt very much like you described- top heavy, etc. So much that it felt dangerous and could get out of control if I were to attempt a sudden sharp maneuver.

Did you buy this Yukon recently?

OP
OP
L

LSUTigers88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have owned this vehicle since the beginning. it is an SLT but not sure on the suspension yet Ill have to check that out this morning. It just started doing this a few weeks ago. I was on a highway doing 55 and noticed it seemed top heavy but figured it was my imagination but when we got on the interstate a few days ago there was no imagination there.

Yes I am from LA and yes Im a huge tigers fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts