New Guy from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all!
Just brought this guy home today. 2003 z71. Its been years since i had a Chevy, but the wife and I decided it was time for something bigger than my GTI, lol. Just in time as were supposed to be getting 5 days of snow this week.
Tahoe.JPG

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Nice looking purchase.

Have a few other goofballs from Oregon on here as well. What part of Oregon are you in?

Welcome to the forum from one of the goofballs @wjburken is talking about. Would appreciate more pics when you get a chance. Nice get on the 03 Z71. How many miles?

I believe he is from the Portland area, hence the PDX part of his screen name. See the scrape/scratch on the LF bumper corner, must be same scrape varmint that got mine before I fixed both of them.

OP
OP
RyanPDX

RyanPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I’m in Beaverton but I’ve used a PDX handle for 20 years. It’s got 220k miles. Other than that bumper scrap and normal wear and tear it’s in pretty close to perfect shape. Engine seems pretty damn strong and trans shifts good. It’s far better than most we looked at over the last couple months.
Thanks for the welcome!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
howdy & welcome

yeah, just a wee bit larger than your GTI, LOL

if snow is coming, double check the tires & tread ;)
looks nice & i really like that color

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah I’m in Beaverton but I’ve used a PDX handle for 20 years. It’s got 220k miles. Other than that bumper scrap and normal wear and tear it’s in pretty close to perfect shape. Engine seems pretty damn strong and trans shifts good. It’s far better than most we looked at over the last couple months.
Thanks for the welcome!

Does it have the dreaded driver's seat side tear in it? Look for any broken exhaust manifold bolts, famous for that. Did you get any maintenance and repair records with it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Ryan!

OP
OP
RyanPDX

RyanPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it have the dreaded driver's seat side tear in it? Look for any broken exhaust manifold bolts, famous for that. Did you get any maintenance and repair records with it.

drivers seats in great shape which was one of the major selling points lol. I didn’t see any manifold bolts that were broken but I wasn’t really looking for it so I’ll check that out today.

OP
OP
RyanPDX

RyanPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s a few more pics. That same varmit got the other side of the bumper as well. I plan on doing a full fluid change this weekend. I don’t have any maintenance records other than the carfax and the oil change sticker from 400mi ago but I’ll prolly change it anyway.

Also having a mechanic do a full check next week and a detail inside. I’ll do all the work myself after this but I just wanna have an idea what needs to be addressed right a away.7A601F0C-3D4D-459F-89AF-A5B89C26B95F.jpeg 731C64D3-ECA2-4B95-BF37-0DA7F4421136.jpeg9A78B952-F2E2-47DC-9145-E51A491D5671.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645