New Depo Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got some new depots and grabbed a 55watt HID set to replace my current 35 watt setup. The lights themselves are great, I'm just not happy with the way the drivers side sits in there. I've examined everything and it seems ok but it's hard to see the bottom of the locking pins. What do you guys think?

This is passenger side, figment is ok
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365033734.385555.jpg

This is the drivers side, and it's way off
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365033766.983751.jpg

You see how there's more of a gap at the bottom? It's like bottom ones not locked in and pushing it up.....

Denalixl364

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an observation, not seeing it in person makes it harder to tell, but it looks like the hood is sitting lower on the drivers side creating more of an illusion that it is sitting wrong.

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seeing the same thing. There is about the same bottom gap on both sides, its just the driver side hood that is down. Adjust the rubber stop for the hood and I think you will like it better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
J

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out and looked at it again and I believe you both are correct. The bumpstops won't turn either way, I'm gonna soak em for a few.....

OP
OP
J

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the bumpstops up a bit, and while it did help, it still seems off to me....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365120058.671640.jpg

It's just barely touching at the top. What exactly are each of the 2 adjustment screws supposed to do? It seems like I can get it to angle a bit, but I have to make quite a few turns and it feels as though something may break.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Are the lights actually lined up if you shine against a wall or garage door? That'll tell you a lot about whether it's sitting right or not....

BO TIE SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IIRC, the outside adjustment is for up/down and the inside for left/right. My Depos didn't need much adjusting. I wouldn't worry about breaking them unless you feel them getting harder to turn.

I'd be careful about upgrading to 55w. Those thing get really hot and tend to melt housings.

OP
OP
J

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were just waaaay out of wack, and needed quite a bit if adjustment, but all is good now. I was a little hesitant about going the 55w route, but after a few times driving at night with them on when I park it's not crazy hot on the lenses so I think it's ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019