New Denali Nav questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a new '09 Denali. I'm coming from an '03 Z71 I had 7yrs.

This is my first experience w/ a NAV system but I don't think it is working right. When I'm in my driveway and I mark the location the address is way off by several blocks. When I type in my home address the destination takes me to an intersection about a quarter mile away from where it should be. I live in a Mpls suburb and my house is 30yrs old so it is not a new development. I tried it to my parents house in WI and it got me to the street but at least a half mile off.

The GPS seems to be spot on as far as turn directions and when to turn. But the addresses seem to be way off.

Took it to the dealer they said it was fine. Anyone experience this with theirs? How accurate should the system be?

Thanks.

cmorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 09 denali xl and sometimes the gps is off quite a bit, it catches up but I have not had the address issue YET?

007fl

Reaction score
Sounds WRONG to me. I'd keep after the dealer until he fixes it. GPS is accurate to within 30ft if it sees all available satellites. Addresses are no different.

Keep taking it in and remind them about the Lemon Law and how much it will cost to replace the whole truck vs just the NAV system.

OP
OP
M

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is what i thought. i tried using it through onstar today and it took me past my house to the intersection .2 miles away.

basically what i have is useless for addresses. the POI seems to work fine if i pick a business but not to someones house. i'll have to take it back again.

thx for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts