New Denali Ultimate Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewYukonFLA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2024 denali ultimate, love it. However, some basic things I just can't figure out, and after some google searches and looking through the forum I was hoping someone could help me.

1. Changing the tire. I couldn't find a youtube video that showed how to change a tire on the yukon denali. For some reason there were multiple vidoes on a tahoe and escalade, but my rear compartments look different from theirs. Now, odds are I call roadside assistance, but at least I would like to fulfill my duty of knowing how to do it just in case!
2. Where do you store basic car items like a battery charger and first aid kit?
3. I found a nice safe from console vault for my sliding arm rest and it works great. But where do people store their sunglasses, first time I've seen an overhead compartment with a glasses holder.

OP
OP
N

NewYukonFLA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One last question! On the speedometer, there is an image of the yukon. In my Teslas and my F-150, the icon was the same color as my car. In my black ultimate, there is an image of a gray denali with chrome grill. Does anyone know how to change it?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owners manual has a really good description on how to change the tire.

I store my sunglasses in the center console. You have the ultimate, so probably have the sliding console? If so, you can slide it back and there is a drawer underneath it, this is what I use as my “safe” as it is basically locked when the vehicle is off.

Sunglasses also fit well in the upper door pocket, under the armrest.

If your first aid kit is flat enough, under the rear cargo area floor is a good spot. I don’t carry a battery charger in my ride.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack is in the LH fuse compartment - I think GM has put it there in the full size SUVs for at least the last 20 years. Wrench and spare tire lowering rod are in a vinyl bag in the storage compartment behind the third row.

I have the XL, so that storage compartment is extra big on mine, but I’m able to store in there a NOCO Boost jump starter, first aid kit, emergency kid medicines, tarp, extension cord, extra quart of engine oil, block heater cord, funnel, rain poncho, headlamp, safety rope, small tool kit, roll of gorilla tape and probably a few other things I’m forgetting!

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color of the panel can only be changed to the Tahoe format, just as in Tahoe you can put a skin from Yukon.

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack is in the LH fuse compartment - I think GM has put it there in the full size SUVs for at least the last 20 years. Wrench and spare tire lowering rod are in a vinyl bag in the storage compartment behind the third row.

I have the XL, so that storage compartment is extra big on mine, but I’m able to store in there a NOCO Boost jump starter, first aid kit, emergency kid medicines, tarp, extension cord, extra quart of engine oil, block heater cord, funnel, rain poncho, headlamp, safety rope, small tool kit, roll of gorilla tape and probably a few other things I’m forgetting!
I just took delivery of my XL and I need to start stocking up the storage compartment.

gatorintx

Reaction score

What first aid / emergency safety kits do you have? I just picked up my XL but the under floor storage area is pretty shallow. My current kit is way too thick to fit, so I want to find something that’s more flat so that it’ll actually fit under there.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

E_S_D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What first aid / emergency safety kits do you have? I just picked up my XL but the under floor storage area is pretty shallow. My current kit is way too thick to fit, so I want to find something that’s more flat so that it’ll actually fit under there.
I bought one of the roll-up type kits and carry it in the console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar