New Buyer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built one online just to price it out and a optional "sunshade" was $275 no f-in way, I am sure the dealer/salesman gets a kickback for any add-on's.
considering I can go buy parts at my dealer and get a pretty decent discount, there's always a mark up. experience tells me it's usually the salesman trying to weasel in a little extra on his commission and the sales manager will always play along. when you go back tell them you want to talk to GM on speakerphone and ask if the equipment is required or not.

Reaction score
Here is my window sticker showing I got the "1st/2nd Row All Weather Floor Liners" and "Wheel Locks" from the factory and shows "Dealer Installed" because they just throw them in the back at the factory. So if those items are on the window sticker, I'd call them out on it. If they are adding them, they are definitely taking advantage of the customer. As it is, even these factory prices are high if you ask me!! Let me add that this is a 2021 model manufactured in August 2020, so 2022 prices will likely be higher.

Attachments

• 0557B8BF-8DF0-4CBA-8BE5-E54D41F07D4A_1_201_a.jpeg
    0557B8BF-8DF0-4CBA-8BE5-E54D41F07D4A_1_201_a.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Regarding wheel locks, my local mechanic advised me that they are simply something to help put your own mind at ease, but not much value otherwise. He stated that folks who steal wheels for a living already have access to virtually all wheel lock devices, and that are not deterred when they come across wheel locks on a vehicle that they are targeting.

OP
OP
J

Jeff4374

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a quick update, dealer reneged on the 2k over and was going for 3k over, then the finance guy wasn't giving me line items, just a total cost to purchase. I asked about the wheel locks and he told me it was just built into the overall price now. I was starting to loose it at this point. I told him Im not paying for wheel locks, aka lug nuts and he then stated to me that they were on the truck and in order to remove them they have to take the tire off. At this point, I honestly lost it. I called him a liar and told him I would not deal with this. I told him I would come in to get my $1k refunded and while I was there, I would speak with the manager. He quickly told me that I did not need to come in and he refunded my money within minutes. I was pretty annoyed at this point. I then sent an email with my experience to my sales rep (who was off in training) and the Sales Manger. Since this is a part of a group of dealerships, I also sent a long email to the CEO of the Dealership group last night. I don't expect to much to happen to make this deal come back to life, as I was reading Google and Dealerrater reviews, and this seems to be a common issue at this specific dealership.

Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be and Ill keep looking, which is the fun part of car shopping.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In any deal at any dealership, you have to always be willing to just walk away and try to find a reputable place to deal with. I completely agree with your decision. Let 'em go thru the same motions with someone else. Again, with all the info available on the internet and forums, it amazes me how they think that they can pull this she-it!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships don't really give a $*#& what you think. They have had many people in that seat before. And within prob 24 hrs there will be a person in that seat that won't balk and pay it.... Demand drives this big machine, and as long as it's there... they have no reason to cower towards you...

You can go find a friendlier dealer, but they may not have a vehicle to offer you...

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Just a quick update, dealer reneged on the 2k over and was going for 3k over, then the finance guy wasn't giving me line items, just a total cost to purchase. I asked about the wheel locks and he told me it was just built into the overall price now. I was starting to loose it at this point. I told him Im not paying for wheel locks, aka lug nuts and he then stated to me that they were on the truck and in order to remove them they have to take the tire off. At this point, I honestly lost it. I called him a liar and told him I would not deal with this. I told him I would come in to get my $1k refunded and while I was there, I would speak with the manager. He quickly told me that I did not need to come in and he refunded my money within minutes. I was pretty annoyed at this point. I then sent an email with my experience to my sales rep (who was off in training) and the Sales Manger. Since this is a part of a group of dealerships, I also sent a long email to the CEO of the Dealership group last night. I don't expect to much to happen to make this deal come back to life, as I was reading Google and Dealerrater reviews, and this seems to be a common issue at this specific dealership.

Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be and Ill keep looking, which is the fun part of car shopping.
I've never experienced so many slimy salesmen in my life. I've talked to probably 80 dealerships since July. So many have tried some really awful things, I don't know if its because I'm a woman and they didn't think I would notice or care but its been so frustrating. They are REALLY enjoying this shift in the "power" of car sales. Luckily I just found a fantastic dealership with the nicest guys and getting my vehicle with no markup, no dealer adds, no trade requirements and no GM financing requirements. So, they are out there, glad you walked away from those jackholes.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through something similar at my dealership buying a new Sierra AT4. I stopped in to look at what they had, mainly because they are local and their service department is exemplary.

They had just received a batch of AT4's so I had a few to pick from and when I looked at their web ad, were advertising a pretty aggressive discount off MSRP (pretty rare around here where most dealers are marking trucks up, what few they have).

I really liked the truck I drove and decided I would buy it, if they were willing to sell it to me for their loss leader advertised price. What a joke. These guys, most about half my age, tried every slimy trick in the book (actually a few, blatant lies, pretty bad), most in a very ham ****** way. I stayed very firm offering them their advertised price on the truck and got up and walked out three times before they finally gave up.

After triumphantly proclaiming I had a deal (just the deal they had advertised to get me sitting down in the first place), they brought me to another building to sit down with the "finance manage" who proceeded to try and sell me on all manner of add on's like extended warranty, a "pre-paid" service package, some sort of comprehensive theft protection package, a "dealer documentation" fee, etc. etc., etc. I had to stand up to walk out two times with the finance manager, and I was wasn't financing anything...

The most aggravating thing in the whole process was the amount of time it took. I was there for maybe 3 hours, on a purchase that should have taken 30 minutes all in.

In the end, I got the truck for what I was willing to pay and I suppose had these guys been trying to sell my truck to someone who hadn't seen all these tricks tried 20 times in my distant past maybe they would have made a few thousand more on the sale. I honestly thought all that stuff was pretty much dead 10 years ago.

The amazing thing to me is their service department is the best shop I have ever used on a vehicle. Very competitive pricing and extremely honest, to the point of telling me to defer things on my Yukon that I had brought up to my service writer, explaining it was something that could wait another year, maybe longer.

Good cop, bad cop, I guess.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The dealer used you to get a customer order on his lot then intentionally provoked you by being ridiculous. Always get a signed agreement stating final price. The tactics were put in place by the greedy owners so don't expect anyone in their employ to act on your behalf. You might file a complaint with your state attorney general and if he gets enough of them could admonish them for their behavior.

OP
OP
J

Jeff4374

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealerships don't really give a $*#& what you think. They have had many people in that seat before. And within prob 24 hrs there will be a person in that seat that won't balk and pay it.... Demand drives this big machine, and as long as it's there... they have no reason to cower towards you...

You can go find a friendlier dealer, but they may not have a vehicle to offer you...
Agreed, the whole process
The dealer used you to get a customer order on his lot then intentionally provoked you by being ridiculous. Always get a signed agreement stating final price. The tactics were put in place by the greedy owners so don't expect anyone in their employ to act on your behalf. You might file a complaint with your state attorney general and if he gets enough of them could admonish them for their behavior.
nah, not looking to move anywhere with this. I didn’t have anything signed, so I get it and know how the game is played. I did that for my protection as well, so all parties just walked away from this one. I’ll be sure to leave reviews on a few sites to offer guidance to other potential buyers. Other then that, I’ll keep searching, maybe stick with the Tahoe/Yukon, maybe another manufacturer all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts