New Buyer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff4374

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I will be honest, I have been a Jeep guy for many years, but always loving the look of the Tahoe/Yukon. It has come time for me to jump ship (Not really, still have JGC) and sell my Wrangler and upgrade to a Tahoe Z71. I just have a question, as the dealer is charging me for All Season Mats and Wheel Locks, but listing them as "Options". They told me this comes from the Manufacturer and they are not doing to make money. They are charging me $475 for the all season mats, and $299 for Wheel Locks. I can deal with the all season mats, as I was going to buy them anyway from Weathertec for $250ish. But I almost walked out over the wheel locks. $299 is INSANE for a few lug nuts. Has anyone else experienced this? I have not signed anything, so I can still negotiate it. I know at the end of the day $299 is not the end of the world for a $70k truck, but its just the principle of it.

Just curious if this is normal experience for other people buying, or if I should push back even more. I'm more then happy without wheel locks, Ill go buy some at the Auto part store for $50 or whatever it is (can't be anywhere near $300).

TIA

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised wheel locks would be that expensive. Maybe check out the Chevrolet Accessories website to see what they charge in there for comparison as it should be the same.

if the all weather liners are what they’re including for the mats and that’s for all three rows including the cargo mat in the rear, that price sounds correct. I bought the all weather liners for my first, second rows, and the rear cargo area (skipped the 3rd row) and they were at least $330. The Chevrolet branded ones do match the interior better than WeatherTech and I think are thicker compared to the ones which I had in my 2017 Acadia.

OP
OP
J

Jeff4374

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m surprised wheel locks would be that expensive. Maybe check out the Chevrolet Accessories website to see what they charge in there for comparison as it should be the same.

if the all weather liners are what they’re including for the mats and that’s for all three rows including the cargo mat in the rear, that price sounds correct. I bought the all weather liners for my first, second rows, and the rear cargo area (skipped the 3rd row) and they were at least $330. The Chevrolet branded ones do match the interior better than WeatherTech and I think are thicker compared to the ones which I had in my 2017 Acadia.
Great idea, wheel locks (just the four locks) is $65 and the full set with the locks is $235.

Will def bring this to thei attention. Thanks for the tip!

shingles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That dealer is lying to you if they say they are not making money on $299 wheel locks. I would walk away from them - slimy.

OP
OP
J

Jeff4374

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They tried marking it up $5k, but I told them I would walk. I am not in a position where I NEED the car, I am just taking advantage of the trade in value on my car. They came down to $2k, and I am getting a $1000 discount for my Costco membership. I made them increase the value of my trade, so the markup is under $1k. I don't have final numbers because I haven't signed anything, but Ill be sure to post if I make the deal with the real numbers.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First: Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig and please post pics of the new ride if the deal goes thru.

The mats price sounds ok and the ones from GM will match and look much better, especially since Weathertec mats have a reputation for curling after a period of time.

The wheel locks are something I would renegotiate on and tell them you are willing to accept the mats but lying about the locks is piss poor business ethics.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel locks as a factory option is $85, First, second and third row all-weather floor liners $315. The dealer is lying to you.

OP
OP
J

Jeff4374

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kinda what I figured, especially when he told me that is manufacturer cost. Who thinks lug nuts (even if entire set) would be $300?

I’m heading back there today, will see what they say. Will walk away if needed, as I don’t need to start out this process with mistrust.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wheel locks as a factory option is $85, First, second and third row all-weather floor liners $315. The dealer is lying to you.
After what @Quark said, I would tell them the mat price is fine as long as the wheel locks are a no charge item. Haven't these dealers figured out yet how much info is out there and that we can check pricing and figure out that the prices they quoted are not even close to Manufacturer pricing? Some of these dealers are idiots and just plain thieves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz